Any idea on...

FREEKILL9566

Where to find decent acoustic guitars that have pre amp? Preferably without cut-ins (don't know how to say) in the body, so it will be a full dreadnought body, and would love it under 1.5k... Do help! Thanks!

Cheers,
WWH

Thanks lots! I have been to Maestro, they are not bad. Are there any decent acoustic-electric guitars in citymusic that I ought to try? Anymore other good placed I should take a visit? Thanks lots!

Cheers,
WWH

1.5k is quite alot already! the usual suspects will be takamine (davis), timothy (sinamex), ibanez (swee lee) have some very nice looking ones, and Maestro is value for money! you prolly can even afford the cheaper taylors (sinamax) or martins (city music) but some say you'll prolly be spending more time taking care of them rather than playing them.

Taylor? Martin? Gibson acoustics? Blueridge (solid!)? Maestro?

Wah a lot of dough on an acoustic man! :mrgreen: Never owned one in my life..
Prefer classicals, but don't own them too!

Its called 'cutaway'.

I think 1.5K is quite a big budget! But for the specs I think you should avoid the lower-end Taylors. If you can get a 4 series Taylor or above, go for it!

But for that budget, I'd say Alvarez. Even their ply back and sides are made specially. Maestro's are pretty good too. Tried one at the Maestro concept store and totally loved it.

Hehehe, 1.5k is just a really, really bad estimation actually. Any thing below 600? sorry for big change, now I'm just being more realistic... paiseh :p Usually for acoustic-electric dreadnoughts without cutaways, which brands should I go for? Hehehe, sorry if I was too unrealistic before, that one was just anyhow whack one. And yes again, I'm very specific :D

Cheers,
WWH

hmm i would recommend Takamine (Davis), Cort (Swee Lee) and Yamaha. pretty decent guitars at reasonable prices. definitely within your budget.

get a guitar with the sound and feel that you like :)

I got a cut-away dreadnought, sounds good enough for me... And I keep getting stares when I say Takamine... Then the like 0.0 when I say $250... Things that sound good, don't exactly have to come at a high price...

I got a cut-away dreadnought, sounds good enough for me... And I keep getting stares when I say Takamine... Then the like 0.0 when I say $250... Things that sound good, don't exactly have to come at a high price...

haha sounds like a really good deal you have there. yup but really good stuff does come at a price. depends on how you judge the standard. need to pay for good workmanship, wood, pups etc. :)

Awesome, so it seems Takamine is a good choice. To tell you the truth, I'm currently in London right now, and there are pretty expensive Takamine's here ranging from 400 plus pounds to 700 plus pounds. If I'm not wrong thats about 1000 - 2000 around there. May I know what are the prices of the higher end ones (assuming la, just to compare) in SG, heh, I don't usually shop at Davis :p Thanks lots guys!

Cheers,
WWH

well, if u ask me... personally... wat are u looking for... recording, or performing..... if ur talking about live performing... i personally prefer the Ovation guitars... somehow, onced plugged in... its unbelievable...

but u can try stuff like gibson's, taylors, and martins for recording... has a very distinguishing sound about it... really sounds darn rite for recording... and when miced up properly...

Back