Any Brian Eno-type keyboardists in Singapore?

growlingsoulpup

Hi guys. I'm no keyboardist but I've always been fascinated by the sounds the keyboard can create, especially the ambient soundscape work of Brian Eno. Anyone in Singapore who's into creating sonic textures like Eno does?

Hi guys. I'm no keyboardist but I've always been fascinated by the sounds the keyboard can create, especially the ambient soundscape work of Brian Eno. Anyone in Singapore who's into creating sonic textures like Eno does?

Nice one.. I'm singaporean.. but i'm not in singapore now.. I'm all for the sound scape.

actually for soundscape/ambient or experimental stuff, theres no fixation on whether is it produced by keyboard or any another one form of instrument. Usually, wide range of instrument, found sound or random soundwave also can be used, further tweaked in digital format to get the final context which is presented to the people listening. For the ambient known to me, i can do it with guitar, multiple delay and loopers.

locally, i like the work of sonicbrat. His stuff can be abstract in someways, but always have certain sense of melody within, moment of pondering and reflection kinda.

http://www.myspace.com/s0nicbrat

actually for soundscape/ambient or experimental stuff, theres no fixation on whether is it produced by keyboard or any another one form of instrument. Usually, wide range of instrument, found sound or random soundwave also can be used, further tweaked in digital format to get the final context which is presented to the people listening. For the ambient known to me, i can do it with guitar, multiple delay and loopers.

locally, i like the work of sonicbrat. His stuff can be abstract in someways, but always have certain sense of melody within, moment of pondering and reflection kinda.

http://www.myspace.com/s0nicbrat

Oh definitely. I was just wondering if there were any keyboardists in SG who are interested in creating sonic textures, because from what I've seen most of them are more of the Top 40s/Chinese pop kind of players. At least the ones I've seen in the musicians market anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up about sonicbrat, his work sounds interesting.

heh, cari makan, have to play those inorder to survive.

ambient, soundscape, harshnoise, experimental whatso ever, no one prolly be insane enough to do that in local context to earn a living.

anyway, other than sonicbrat, some of my other favourite locale soundart, ambient or left of the dial artist are aspidistrafly, jogn, mindfuckingboy and flica from malaysia. Some of it contained noise, sound, electronica style in it as well. Not entirely brian eno style, which imho is the essense of soundscape, ala free from any association and taking a life on its own.

another one from the forum here, his stuff is pretty nice as well

http://soft.com.sg/forum/open-mic/146497-new-album-release-encircling-free-download.html

heh, cari makan, have to play those inorder to survive.

ambient, soundscape, harshnoise, experimental whatso ever, no one prolly be insane enough to do that in local context to earn a living.

anyway, other than sonicbrat, some of my other favourite locale soundart, ambient or left of the dial artist are aspidistrafly, jogn, mindfuckingboy and flica from malaysia. Some of it contained noise, sound, electronica style in it as well. Not entirely brian eno style, which imho is the essense of soundscape, ala free from any association and taking a life on its own.

another one from the forum here, his stuff is pretty nice as well

http://soft.com.sg/forum/open-mic/146497-new-album-release-encircling-free-download.html

I'm downloading that now, thanks for the tips! I wasn't much into soundscape stuff until quite recently actually, when I was speaking to a friend of mine and he was talking about Brian Eno's work, so I decided to check it out.

I'm quite interested in the noise, sound electronica etc elements of the soundscapes as well...although what I'm actually interested in is incorporating those sonic textures into a more structured song format, much like what Eno and Lanois did with U2. Anyone out there interested in that too?

oh well, have fun chasing for those.

never be afraid of what can or cannot be done, just jump into it and do it, at the end of the road, its either something get done with new thing being learn or nothing get done and starting all over again.

the Sugarbytes plug-ins like Artillery and Effectrix with your choice of soft synths should do the Eno trick (pun not intended) :)

cheers and happy tweaking!

Back