Any BASS AMP to reccomend??

bp-150.jpg

the above BETA-AIVIN amp featuring a whopping 15" driver for $580. why the recommendation? it's about tone... :cool:

u could get a really nice Hartke 3500a amp and a Hartke 410xl cab together for about $1K. my personal favourite combination :)

personally i feel that amp selection here is OK... but very little variety where cabs are concerned.

as a markbass user i would recommend markbass. good tone and high quality stuff. although i must admit hartkes are very good value

for a head unit alone, you can get a little mark II from davis for $900. the other markbass amps that davis has will probably bust your budget. the little mark range will be around 1k or less. the LMII is discontinued and i don't know how much the LMIII will sell for here. you will have to rely on davis for markbass because the voltage on their amps is not switchable, so you can't order them from the states.

honestly speaking i am very keen on trying a genz benz but i'd have to order it from the states, and shipping will kill.

and then for cabs, you can get a solid hartke 2x10 cab for under $300. you could oso go for say markbass or EBS, but those cabs will be way way more expensive. remember that amps put out different power depending on the load. bigger cabs will put out more power, but most cabs are rated at 8 ohms, while most amps put out full power at 4.

using hartkes as an example, your amp would be most powerful when 2 8ohm cabs are connected to it. be it 2 2x10s or 2 4x10s, the power output will be the same. no doubt 2 4x10s are more efficient and hence louder, but the combined power would be much higher than whatever your amp is likely to be able to put out at that load.

you could get a pretty decent amp+cab combo within a 1k budget with hartke. or you could go for more boutique options in the 2nd hand market. now, if only someone was selling a used markbass...

Last edited:
Hartkes would be a good budget option if you are looking at a amp/cab combination. Anything else might burst your budget. If you want combos, there are probably a number of choices. Anything from GK to Ampeg to Markbass. Best to try and see which you like.

Personally, I prefer the amp/cab combination. If it were up to me, I'd get Shinobi's Markbass head and pair it with a Hartke 2x10

i am using a hartke 210TP which is rated for 150W @ 8ohms. if i had unlimited cash i would get another hartke 210TP. so i will have 2 2x10s which is the max load that my LM250 can handle. but GAS makes me poor and i try to keep good relations with my neighbours.

the cab is not for sale. it gives me alot of convenience because it is so light. i bought it from citymusic for 245 when there was no sale going on.

Hmmm ok. just wondering whats ur point of view between hartke series vx2510,vx2515,vx3500? i saw this on citymusiic. but dun really know the difference. yea

hmmm. is there any amp that able to put battery? so me and my friends r able to play outdoor.

sorry. it sound stupid. but just wnt to ask is there any or not.

yes there are

hmmm. is there any amp that able to put battery? so me and my friends r able to play outdoor.

sorry. it sound stupid. but just wnt to ask is there any or not.

yeah, those really small/ portable amps. like shoebox size ones, but if u're looking for a good sounding and loud amp. ,then im not sure.

Back