Anugerah Band Competition

ty

Xtech memang talented....in fact the bands that made it to the finals are talented bunch of ppl who made tru countless Band Competition. But wat matters now is after Anugerah Band 08. will they hold the same appeal as how it is during competitions even if they hv proper guidance, groomings, managements n such....

Aki S. Ian :
blah blah blah.. still so many politics. honestly i dotn really think fatskunk need the label. they are already well known

Fatskunks irregardles of them already well known ( onli in SG ), they still need a label, they need professional labels to bring them to the world. and it all boils down to whether are they really ready for the real thing or not.....

So the finalist are revealed.
It sure be a blast.
Ok lets say u go shopping for CDs , whose album will you buy?
To me , Rancour have that marketing value.
cause their music is modern and quite the in thing.
We had seen alot of bands like Trabo in the market , example spellbound , malex , Yakamashii.
Fatskunks , to me frankly they are more marketable in night clubs our pubs.
X-tech is another good band. But isnt adidas rock or nu - metal is dead?
Just like to share my point of view.
You guys decide.

cause their music is modern and quite the in thing.
We had seen alot of bands like Trabo in the market , example spellbound , malex , Yakamashii.
Fatskunks , to me frankly they are more marketable in night clubs our pubs.
X-tech is another good band. But isnt adidas rock or nu - metal is dead?
Just like to share my point of view.
You guys decide.

it's a dead cause for music if a band's worth is pegged against their marketability & being the in thing per se. there are some of us who value bands on grounds of capacity in excess of commercial value.

em... what's adidas rock? puma rock? kappa rock? diadora rock? nike rock?

the problem about this reality tv singing or band comepetition is all about to being commercial , marketable and branding. Nowadays its all about having a market value and being able to sell their product. I can bet you , 70% of us will think more than twice to buy albums from bands like trabo or cucu datok merah. Its just not sellable. Its not because they suck. Its is because it is Singapore. Its the way it is.

it's a dead cause for music if a band's worth is pegged against their marketability & being the in thing per se. there are some of us who value bands on grounds of capacity in excess of commercial value.

em... what's adidas rock? puma rock? kappa rock? diadora rock? nike rock?

haha back in the late 90s , addidas rock or some call it nu-metal was the in thing. Bands like Korn , Limp Bizkit , Static-X wore adidas brand merhandise.
But now most of this bands had phase out and been repalced by Click five , Fall out boy , Panic at the disco bla bla bla,
This music trend all come and goes.

td

alamak ...lu orang mau challenge Subversion...sua terang dalam SOFT dia Champion....Dia lah The Mr Know-It-All.......He has the backings of thousands of SOFTies u know...tak takut kapa..

marketable/ commercial or not is not the question...the band must have that believe in their music. They have to work hard to create followers to their brand of music. Hell to the radio dj...go sell it underground...thru jamming studios....working colleague, jammers, students, softies so forth, sell it like they sell dope...if the song is really a hit...then those radio djs etc will want to air it. Remember when rappers was trying to break into the disco era.....All sincere works will be rewarded....If you think you're good....then we'll say you're good. Do not being suck by the commercial bullshit....I believe musicians must try to be the creator of their own style of music and not the follower of other musician style/ song.....

Putra's guitarist looks like this guy who played in Insomnia. Image very Vai-like, with the hair and Jem series...

haha back in the late 90s , addidas rock or some call it nu-metal was the in thing. Bands like Korn , Limp Bizkit , Static-X wore adidas brand merhandise.

hmm... i just call it music...

but Van Halen is 100% Converse rock
EDDIE_VAN_HALEN.jpg

WHAT's WRONG WITH u PEOPLE! if u call urselves that.

honestly speaking. i'm beyond sad cos u guys/gals/whoever, makes use of language to criticise one another.

HAve u heard of deep purple?

What's the meaning of art in the first place for heaven's sake?

kadang2 orang melayu aku sendiri drop OUR, WE, Us'SSS water face lah.

haiyo. look at other's in a lighter perspective pls rockers.

Chinese? hardworking
Indians? perserverence
Malays? knock out ur hearts pls.
EURASIAN? hmm.not really sure leh.

look. this ain't no politics, democratics, materialistic or plastic kinda thingy i'm talking about ehk.

I'm speaking of integrity?

Stop lying to ourselves and continue living in denial, at the end of the day, it's our roots that bring us on top of the tree house.

Just.think.Spare a maturity thought in OURSELVES.

we.is united.

All the best!

HAPPY natianal day in about a month advance?

perhaps, we should read more, learn more and change the globe. Cos,

in today's world, only, entertaintment, mass media and music is the best source to assist one another.

:mrgreen:

[pls save Ms Gaia ;) ]

i believe that our underground scene can make it big if we simply have faith and believe for one another.

rock on and rock the world some peace.

Pls.

And you IS rock!!!

Sis, gotch people worry that gotch the winners and the winners donch make it to the Grammys.

They oso gotch worry that the winners gotch nenek and datuk that wear dentures and then when gotch interview with CNN, the neneks and datuks gotch forget to wear dentures and then ah, they gotch make Singapore not look hemsem or beeteeful for the world to see.

So lidat lah sis, this is the story of the winners and the losers for these people.

Ki lampu ki ... Ki sapu ki....ki mak kau baik? Eh mcm kenal je.. Yazid pakai lampin pakai tape nampak pakai tape nampak lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala msg msg msg papa jahat.

Cheers :)

true, but i do wonder why only now that they decided to expose themselves in the malay scene.

its all at a start was a 'testing' kind of thing. its like... if get thru then get thru lor... if not then back to other things.

a lot of those bands are not in the malay scene fyi...

but they do rock

Ooops forgot abt bro sub...lol

I guess i always see him as one of us and not those "door b*tch" moderator types

Last edited:
Back