Anti-Christ bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaarVis.

Just been wondering over anti-christs and the bands. what really are their motives ? no offence. just curious.
i know of some anti-christ bands. their lyrics could be those totally against christ and some maybe satanic. but of course , it takes time to understand the meaning of the song. also know that Satanism and Anti-Christ is 2 different things. hmm. any comments ? heard of the pokemon song , the reverse version. it goes smth like " satan satan satan " . and the name NATASHA. read it backwards. its AH-satan. any opinions about those who're against the religon ?

hmm.. i'm really not sure about the anti christs and satanic people.. but i heard some people saying that anti christ is worse than satanic people.. but i think that both are equally bad in the context of christianity.. and jarvis, being a christian i think we should not dwell to deep into this topic unless you are fully prepared and all. haha

wow liao, these kind of topic haiz...

OK, the bands' motive is same like your motive to post such topic in SOFT. Think about it.

It is never about the content/message/reason but the response/result/attention.

On the other hand, should we have such thread in SOFT at all?

why not have the topic? its a perfectly valid discussion..

whats the motive of "christian" bands?

"defying death rose from the grave to show it is finished
to show all before the ascension to empyrean
atoning is the Blood of Jesus Christ
Give in to Him live in the Blood of Christ
He rose, He rose, He rose, He rose, He rose
resurrection"

lyrics from "Golgotha" by Embodyment. musically, they're a straight up death metal band. make your own judgments..

it's just their belief...if i believe in love i write a love song...if i do not i write a hate song...if i believe in christianity i write a christian song....if i believe in satanism i write a satanic song

but of cos i wouldn't rule out the possibility of the commercial value of those themes...it might just be a sellable idea to teens out there

^^

The reason not to have these topic is to prevent SOFT becoming the battleground of other people's war. SOFT has no interest in these religious stuff at all.

The reason to have these topic is to increase viewership!

motives of anti-christ/satanic bands. 2 main motives:

1. to portray their beliefs
2. commercial value. take slayer for example. not the whole band believes in satanism/anti christ. like tom araya once said about the album name "God Hates Us All", they decided 'It's just a great f***ing album title'. besides, tom araya himself is from a catholic background.

motives of christian bands then:
mainly to "fight back" against satanic/anti christ bands. look at "white metal". christians who are unhappy with black metal and decide to fight fire with fire. same music stylings but with christian lyrics.

and of course, to portray their christian beliefs as well.

commercial value does determine some bands' direction too as i said ^^ (in response to Gracia as well)

It is always easier to have a healthy discussion when you make sure you define your terms clearly.

Antichrist:

In Christian eschatology, the Antichrist or anti-Christ, has come to mean a person, an other entity, or an image of a person, that is an embodiment of evil.

Satanism

Common misuse of the word generally refers to "the worship of Satan or the powers of evil."

LaVeyan Satanism is a religion founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey. Its teachings are based on individualism, social Darwinism, self-indulgence, and "eye for an eye" morality. It does not literally worship Satan, but rather uses "Satan" as a symbol for people's natural inner desires.

Theistic Satanism is a general term for forms of Satanism which believe that either Satan/the Devil is an actual deity and/or force. According to such teachings, Satan blessed mankind with the "forbidden" fruit of knowledge of good and evil. From this perspective, knowing both good and evil is the birth of wisdom. It is for this reason that Theistic Satanists may perceive Satan as a force for good, which may also be used for evil.

----

Now, it's important to realise that many people define things their own way. A band might call itself "Satanic" or "Antichrist" and not agree with the above definitions. Lyrically, some may write about murder, rape, and generally evil behaviour, but whether their actual intentions are for you to follow them, we may never know.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to how you choose to interpret it.

visa

YES i agree that satanism has different branches. most people think that the only satanism is about people who worship a "higher being" called satan. most satanists i believe are LaVeyan satanists, who are not someone who believe in a higher being but rather the survival of the fittest. besides, i believe that LeVeyan satanists do not believe in any "deities" but believe that they are the ones who are supposed to be the "biggest shot" in a sense. just read up the 9 satanic sins, you do not see any sins that is related to blasphemy and such.

however, most people believe that satanism came about from the belief of a higher being, and hence the misunderstandings.

correct me if im wrong though.

i can think of only one example of theistic satanists though, ie glen benton from deicide.

Last edited:
King Diamond is one famous example.. But recently in 2006, he reveals that he does not follow any specific religion and expresses concern that religion has led so many people to kill and destroy each other..

Well In Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, Slayer said their music is just a form of art.

Quoted from Calvin and Hobbes:

Calvin: Mom, can I have some money to buy a Satan-worshipping, suicide-advocating, heavy metal album?

Mom: Calvin, the fact that these bands haven't killed themselves in ritual self-sacrifice shows that they're just in it for the money like everyone else. It's all for effect. If you want to shock and provoke, be sincere about it.

Calvin: Mainstream commercial nihilism can't be trusted?!

Mom: 'Fraid not, kiddo

I think that holds a lot of truth

it's easy when their audiences are matured in their thinking....the problem happens when these lyrics reach angsty teenagers who think they own the world and the world owes them a living ^^

lol....we shouldn't stereotype their fans even if a large portion of them are like that....i listen to nu-metal haha

haha i agree but i am specifically referring to nu-"metal" fanboys and not listeners. i despise all fanboys for that matter cos they are generally irritating and do not think before they speak. for example, in an ipod fansite forums such a thing has happened before:

"help! my ipod does not turn on! i need help! thanks!"

"check that your hold button is not engaged."

"oh yea, thanks! it works fine now!"

which is bloody irritating and nonsensical. oh wells these kinda stuff is another thing altogether, shall just remain on topic haha.

what nonsense? Anti-christ bands usually come from the pagan lands of the north. They were invaded by the christian faith and theyre pretty pissed about it. So they rant their frustrations in their music. Id be pissed if my people are all brainwashed into something foreign and new when i still believe in my own beliefs. In their case, the Elder faith. Which explains the burning of churches and all. Doesn't mean ur anti-christ means u are a satanist. U just have a problem wit the dude hangin on the cross or the ways of the christian faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back