amp input socket

almondx

hmmm my cable input jack seems to be very lose in the amp input socket.. so that when cranking up the bass there's this horrible buzzing noise.. anyone has any suggestions to rectify the problem?

One question.

Is cable loose in socket, or is socket loose in the amp? If cable is loose in the socket, then get someone who knows what they are doing, freind or tech to replace the socket. If the socket is loose in the amp, then tighten it with a spanner like Subversion suggested.

cheers,

Mark.

cable loose in socket.. but only very slightly loose with a lil play and wobble in between the socket and jack.. so hence when played loudly/heavy bass there's a loud buzz due to vibration of the speaker cone.. hmm not possible to diy yea?

possible. depending on how the amp socket is setup. it's usually just use spanner to tighten. but most importantly, if you don't know or not confident to do it, ask someone who knows.

maybe you can tell us the model of the amp or post some pictures?

lol no one understands sia.. >.< smarvo 40 watter it's not the spanner issue the spanner tightens the socket in the amp, not the cable in the socket. 2 different things haha =P all the nut does is hold the socket in the amp.. i need a tighter fit between cable and socket not between socket and amp.. which i guess needs a new input socket.. it seems so much more loose than my other channel.. and it's like onli 1 month ++ old

haha... bro sorry lah. this is the effect of internet communication... sometimes worldwar is started like that... ha...

this still can be fix DIY. can dismentle the socket and adjust the spring clip in the socket that holds the cable plug.

will require a plier instead of a spanner in this case.

haha no sweat lah internet sometimes very gong wan.. heh.. yea i tried liao but very difficult to get it to be tight.. even then i scared bend too much break then gone liao.. haiz i feel like swapping the channel 1 n footswitch sockets coz they are the same.. =P risky tho.. must take off the solder and then rejoin again.. how tight is the input socket actually supposed to be? sigh dunt feel like playing guitar these few days so put off by the vibration thing it sounds like my amp farting everytime lol esp since i like bass notes

Back