American Independent Punk Scene #1

wangdexian

Hey guys, well my english teacher wants me to have a newsletter or something up on the web, so while I'm at it, I thought I would share it with you guys to give me some comments or something... :oops:
I would cover punk/emo/hardcore blah news on this monthly article and hopefully expose you guys to some upcoming acts in the states... :lol:

Firstly, allow me to start off with some news...
Blink-182 members Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker starting new side project Plus 44 while having hiatus. Other member is a girl from Get The Girls(?)... Mark says it will have a more electronic sound, more on this some other time...

Motion City Soundtrack's new album "Commit This To Memory" due out in June... it's great! They fuse punk rock with some electronic elements like the keyboards very well, no doubt they are one of the future up and coming acts to watch for...

Alkaline Trio's next album due out soon, I forgot the date... :oops:

The Main Feature
Spotlight on... Fall Out Boy!

From Chicago, the new boys on the block have made a spalsh on the scene ever since their debut two years ago. With "Take This To Your Grave" fans were introduced to a unique kind of sound. Blending emo, punk and rock together, the catchy lines and fast hooks had fans addicted. Not to mention they put a hell of a good live show.
With their new album "Under The Cork Tree" soon to be out, the future for this young quartet looks bright and rosy. Alternative press have already been calling the album THE alternative album to look out for this year. What are you waiting for? Check them out NOW!
Meanwhile here are some links.
www.falloutboyrock.com
http://www.purevolume.com/falloutboy
Head to purevolume and give them a spin, reccomended spins are "Grand Theft Autumn" and "Dead On Arrival".

Cya next time guys!

Back