Acoustic gigs - your setup? Brushes? Snare? DIY instruments

And I still haven learnt how to reverse the cam on my pedal after some tweaking, I'm really bad at this..

It is tricky but not difficult. You would have to disassemble the entire cam and gears and everything. It was also very tight and I had to use a hammer to move some parts. Be careful to cloth the parts before hammering of the metal will chip. Trust me, I learnt my lesson :)

I used a Pearl Single Eliminator but this article will help a bit: http://www.cocktaildrum.com/learn/construct/dw-pedal/dw-pedal.html

BTW: Some strength is needed to disassemble and assemble again since the parts are all manufactured and put together via machines.

It is tricky but not difficult. You would have to disassemble the entire cam and gears and everything. It was also very tight and I had to use a hammer to move some parts. Be careful to cloth the parts before hammering of the metal will chip. Trust me, I learnt my lesson :)

I used a Pearl Single Eliminator but this article will help a bit: http://www.cocktaildrum.com/learn/construct/dw-pedal/dw-pedal.html

BTW: Some strength is needed to disassemble and assemble again since the parts are all manufactured and put together via machines.

Next is to practice and get used to play the pedal. It takes some getting used too....

Drum hobbyist, I've seen that setup before somewhere! I'll ask the same thing... hows the bass sounding on that cajon! :)

You've got a youtube video or some kind of recording? And Softwaremaker, thanks again. That site is very helpful, I'll try to see wad I can do...

Much thanks to weckl-x for providing me with detailed information about how to go about converting the floor tom. I always liked the idea but didn't had the chance to do it. I am had converted a Yamaha Stage Custom Nov. Below are just some pics from my gig yesterday.

http://img23.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img00032s.jpg

Some bad points are that I felt that the floor tom was a little flimsy even with the pearl attachment. It kinda still jerk whenever I hit it. And I think it takes more effort and longer to setup compared to a normal bass drum/drum set.

Good points are that it is definitely more portable to carry around. Weight is so much lighter. And it sounds pretty decent too.

I spent a total of $65 buying the entire attachment and have no regrets about it.

Last edited:
Much thanks to weckl-x for providing me with detailed information about how to go about converting the floor tom. I always liked the idea but didn't had the chance to do it. I am had converted a Yamaha Stage Custom Nov. Below are just some pics from my gig yesterday.

Some bad points are that I felt that the floor tom was a little flimsy even with the pearl attachment. It kinda still jerk whenever I hit it. And I think it takes more effort and longer to setup compared to a normal bass drum/drum set.

Good points are that it is definitely more portable to carry around. Weight is so much lighter. And it sounds pretty decent too.

I spent a total of $65 buying the entire attachment and have no regrets about it.

Good stuff there.. the setup was mic-ed up too? You happen to have a recording of that? I think it'll be ideal to judge? I was also thinking I dun have a 16" floor tom and the 18" bass drum is the closest I have to it. Would that be more ideal in that sense?

Thanks for the pictures.

By floor tom, do you mean the hanging floor tom (which would definitely be a little flimsy. MHO, of course), or the converted FT that was your kick for the gig?

Portability is definitely key. 16" kicks are really fun to mess around with too!

Looks like there was just the one overhead mic?

Cajon drum-kits!

PIC_0309.jpg

PIC_0308.jpg

a Cajon kick that I build.mainly use it for unplug gig.Which the guitar player find the Normal kick drum is too loud!!! I only use brushes & rod on this little kits.
sGB3b1.jpg

sGB1.jpg

Some bad points are that I felt that the floor tom was a little flimsy even with the pearl attachment. It kinda still jerk whenever I hit it.

I'm just wondering, is the flimsiness due to the ISS not fitting your hoops well? When you say 'kinda jerk', how much movement are we talking though? Because I'm sure you've noticed that even full sized 22" BDs with two toms mounted will still move/vibrate when you really lay into them, much less a smaller drum with less mass.

Back