A strat model by Swing (Smash series)

jacky817

Hi guys, my friend is deciding whether to buy a 2nd hand Swing electric guitar, strat model. It's in pretty ok condition.
Do you think it's a good Fender Strat substitute?
What do you think the price range should be at?
If im not wrong, Swing is a korean brand that's pretty new, but decent still?

the SMASHes have been discontinued since Swing introduced some entry level models from the Indonesian plant. Swing isn't new to the industry, it's been around but largely enjoying the domestic (Korean) market.

Not too familiar with Swing but if you're looking for good starting guitar, the Squier Classic Vibe series is pretty hard to beat in terms of value.

hard to say whats a good price

a good starting point will be to check the brand new price. since smash is discontinued you may wanna look at the entry level swing models for a reference

http://www.svguitars.com/categories/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Swing/?sort=priceasc

when buying used, another thing to note is whether the guitar is in a good playable condition. you may wanna request the seller you let you test whether the guitar is good to go

about swing. i've tried some of their strats and the playability and tone is great. There is a premium feel to it especially across the fretboard. if you are a strat person then i think swing is definitely one brand you should consider

Last edited:
I did a blind test once with the help of Mike and Andrew when I was shopping for a newer strat. In the line up were Mexican and American Fender strats but I ended up "Swing"-ing to the R3. Have a few Swing guitars now. Think they are worth the prices I paid in 2009 and 2010. I bought a Smash from here and have no regrets.

Last edited:
Swing strats are pretty damn decent

but if you're in the market for a Fender strat, get a Fender strat.

otherwise, the Swing will be a good substitute

Here's a Swing S2 and a Smash S2...
image.jpgimage.jpg

One is in mahagony and one's in alder.

Last edited:
Back