a really interesting tube amp concept

There were someone who bought these over here already a few yrs back. The wakemeup tech and another guy I tink. Problem is that the tube is a special small one, so I tink the replacement have to order from the US.

just realised its kinda ex, i surfed around and found out a local dealer who brings it in ..

750 for a micro one watt tube ? might as well top up a little bit more and go for a marshall JCM 900 or a peavey classic 30

haha then you missed the point of his amp design. Small wattage amps (15 - 30w is not small) like the one Zachary vex makes is meant to allow you to crank the tube amp at bedroom levels.

Somebody correct me if im wrong, but the way tube wattage works is that you need a tube wattage one tenth that of the original wattage for the sound to be half as loud. So if you take a 100W amp like a JCM 900 you need a 10w amp to be half as loud. If you think of how loud a 100w tube amp gets (very very loud) you see why 15w amps arent 'small' wattage amps. I have a 15w blues junior and its loud.

I think 750 dollars is steep too, but then Zvex makes the most expensive boutique pedals, and you gotta admit that amp is soooo rad.

hmmm, at that price for something that small, i'd.....

go make mi own, with a visit to www.freeinfosociety.com, den make a trip to sim lim towers, den wif mi soldering iron, lots of burns, vulgarities, sweat, electricity consumption and agitation, make mi own

well dats me, most of ya'll prob dun haf e time to make 1 on ur own, haha

Back