A Plea For Help From All SOFTies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they used mp3 format because can fit more songs inside the CD.
If its Cd audio 16/44.1 then they wont be able to put so many songs. Would only squeeze between 10-20 depending on song length

so does this mean the next lime issue with local band feature they're gonna have a session on which local female musician is frigid/<insert lack-of-what's-considered-woman-here> ? pretty superficial and bad influence for a teens mag isn't it? thought that only existed in tabloid trash mags.

One other point.
If you want the better quality then you can always go and find the bands CD!

haha! Yeah! Do make contact with the bands through myspace or something and all if any of the readers have not heard of them.

The bands won't bite you and they'll appreciate the recognition for their efforts. :)

Lime mags are sold out so fast!!!!!!! :)

So Mediacorp Publishing sure happy! haha,,,,

So Vol. 2 coming soon?

Lets hope so.

A GOOD EFFORT ONCE AGAIN.

I love Meza Virs. IF any of the members is reading my post, I wanna let you know that your band just got yourselves a fan

Hahaha!
Firstly, it wasn't me who wrote the gossip column
And besides, no names were mentioned :p

But think of it this way.
International stars have gossips, rumours and etcs. We wanted to change the whole 'local musicians are underdogs' thing by treating local musicians like we do international stars; all aspects of it, 'positive' and 'negative' :)

=traqstyle

I'd like to point out that this is a good point. Mp3s and audio CD will have their own pros and cons.

For mp3s, a CD will be able to store much more songs (but in this case, only 1.5 times the equivalent capacity of a an audio CD). mp3s are also easier to send over the net to Levan through e-mail for their compact size.

For audio CD, the final product will be much more presentable. Mp3s in this case, can be seen as a tad too casual for mass distribution. I may give previewers an impression that local music is "cheap" or "no quality" cause they're distributed as mp3s. It maybe a hard to upload 40 MB of a song to Levan through e-mail... Imagine Levan's e-mail flooded by 2 GB plus of songs!

What I can advice for the next volume, if there is, is to ask people to send their demos through e-mail in mp3 format. After a selection of 18 or so songs, ask these bands to send in the raw non-lossy formats of their song though a 3rd party site such as yousendit to prevent e-mail clog-ups. With these wave files, produce normal audio CD which would be much more presentable to readers of LIME mag.

Either this, or stay the same for consistency sake or if there is drastic cost differences in producing a full CD and a 1/10 CD (for 30 mp3s)

Keep it mp3. The costs are lower for data disks and the bands can sell higher quality CDs if they release their albums. Plus it's easier to transfer to the portable player.

Though the musicianship for all tracks are quite good. Some of the singers are a little bit of a let down. Either too much like someone else, or just a little off.

i think the kicks and the guitars came off pretty well too - usually a bit of a problem in early 80s/90s local recordings.

A brilliant effort. Easily the best compilation of local music ( though rock ) for a long while.

so the pricings will increase too?

Its a good thing that the cd is free. Wouldnt mind paying more. MP3 or Not. Its still a damn good effort. Nowadays who used cd player?

Well I guess there's 3 Camps here,

1 supports lower mp3 resolution because of lower cost and portability.

2 supports Higher sample rates for quality, with cost and portability not being a factor.

3 supports, why not get the good stuff from the bands themselves?

I'm from camp 2, I like to sample my wedding cake before I buy it, so if the baker dilutes his sample cakes, then it's his loss, not that I'm getting married soon or anything (I'm still available girls heheh)

And again I still applaud the work done from everyone who put this together, mp3 or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back