61 weighted keys!!

cool!!! ... at last!!!! ....... lolx ......

but anyway ...... i no money now ..... anything also can't buy =P ...

zenguan .... donate? :p hahaha

i am tied down by MAC installment LOLS. for 1 year cannot look at new gears LOLS.

well however i do not know excatly what they are selling are they only selling the keybed? but its good to have a 61 keys waterfall NL3 hahas. well if its possible i might invest after my MAC. but must enquire with them first dono how it works. hahas

i am tied down by MAC installment LOLS. for 1 year cannot look at new gears LOLS.

well however i do not know excatly what they are selling are they only selling the keybed? but its good to have a 61 keys waterfall NL3 hahas. well if its possible i might invest after my MAC. but must enquire with them first dono how it works. hahas

Yes, it has been out for quite a while now. I believe we discussed briefly about the Fatar weighted 61-keys sometime ago.

Although attractive, there are some questions I have about the usability of it. Weighted keys are important to pianist who wants the touch and expression of a piano. This is important for playing piano sounds. You can hardly play a proper piano piece with only 61 keys. So it doesn't exactly attract the pianist cum keyboardist who will like a larger keyboard range (at least 76 keys).

For those who like shorter range keys, they are usually those into midi controls, loop based musicians, DJs etc. And weigthed keys are the last thing they want. Unweighted keys is important for them. So are lots of knobs and controls.

This is my take on the Fatar 61 weighted keys. Unless somebody can find other use for it.

ya quite true. Most midi user might prefer unweighted keys than weighted keys unless they are pianist and need a heavier touch.

Again like what Cheez has said, 61 weighted keys are not enough in range.

Bongman, I believe the Axiom is semi-weighted, not fully-weighted. I think only Fatar has it.

Axiom is indeed semi weighted ( but looks weighted ) . hmmms i do not know about you guys, but i would still prefer a weighted 61 keys i mean WHY NOT? ! :)

and having a weighted 61 keys dosent means i need to play a piano part : ) i guess if i had a waterfall 61 keys i would use it to play the organ i mean an 88 keys organ will not sounds nice when theres too much thick vibes going around . for the organ less is more, well it really depends on personal perferances but i seriously do not mind playing a lead part with 61 keys : )

Interesting...

Actually, we don't like weighted for playing organ/B3 Hammond type sounds. We want it to be entirely unweighted like the real thing. Then we can play things like demi-semi-quaver repeatedly on one note alternating between 3 fingers, and lots of glisssandos etc. Not taht we can't do that on weighted keys, it's just too cumbersome.

Same for lead parts. Unweighted for lead parts are best and definitely more expressive. Notes fly faster on leads when unweighted.

Oh, I think I'm a little confused by your comment zenguan, or maybe I misunderstood you. Waterfall keys is not synonymous with weighted keys.

Waterfall keys should be unweigthed anyway, since they are meant for Hammond players. Waterfall keys has slipped edges and not sharp edges. Mainly for ease of glissandos. In Hammond playing, gliss are often done with using the palm, not thumb like classical playing. Waterfall keys make it much easier.

I remembered I tried once playing hammond style on a grand piano - glissando like crazy with my palm and back of my palm. The sharp edges cut so much into the skin between my nails and fingers that I didn't know I bled. Until somebody came over to the piano and noticed blood stains across the keys of the grand piano!!!! That was one painful experience!

hahas cheez its okay : ) .. actually i think fatar is quite innovative as you see in the website they make waterfall keybeds as well !!!

okay the thing is i will really wish for a waterfall keybed on an NL3. i think waterfall is suitable for a 61 keys thats bcos yep one reason is for gliss, and also another reason is that i love the feel on playing on one rather than the normal non weighted one. again its my perferances!.. BUT I DO ADMIT i find it weird playing lead sound on a weighted keybed.

well but i do not know the quality of what fatar produce. i mean you compare a roland weighted keyboard with a yamaha one. the yamaha definately stands out more. i wonder where fatar will stand in this case

the age of pianoforte fancy has come .... -_-" .... lolx

anyway ..... for me, i prefer non-weighted for playing hammond organ sound or brass sound ....... it has more respond

but i would definitely love the option to have weighted keys when a grand piano is not available .... be it 61 or 88 ....

i'm so in love with piano ... can't help it =P ... hahahaha

Just curious,
those webpages from http://www.fatar.com/Studiologic/Pages/intro_cat.htm showing keyboard, but those webpages from http://www.fatar.com/Pages/Intro_production.htm showing "keys" only.
any linkage between them?
does it mean that we can choose the type of keys we want, to put into the keyboard we ordered from them?

Back