4 bus stops go missing in KL

betsybug

Now you see it:
m_02busshelter.jpg

Now you don't:
m_02busshelter2.jpg

"IT was like a magic show when Henry Tan discovered four of his 150-odd bus shelters in Kuala Lumpur missing early this week, with only wires left behind at the spots.

“I was shocked when my site inspectors informed me that the bus shelters were missing. I could not understand how these could be stolen in broad daylight,’’ said Tan, the general manager of Parisign.

The stolen shelters were located in front of Wisma MCA, Plaza OSK (both along Jalan Ampang) and two others in front of Menara SME and opposite Hotel Equatorial along Jalan Sultan Ismail."

(Source: The Star)

LOL! Who would steal a bus-stop of all THINGS?

Is fibreglass worth that much? :D [beginning to eye Singapore's bus-stops]

the metal portion can sell for some money.

theres many cases overseas where railway track, drainage covers, sewage pipe, power transmission cable etc that went missing, door metal grill got stolen. All can be sold for money,

Heh, in taiwan, theres a thief who went round stealing drainage covers, use chain to secure and went off in motorbike. Half way thru was caught when police noticed his chain and the covers like a trailer behind the bike and one of the more funny one was 2 dudes who went door to door in middle of the nite, remove metal grill/gate of residential area to sell to scrapeyard for money. It was on their news channel and police interviewed was amazed at their desperate measure to get money..

That was just a warning to the bank behind!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Haha.. good one. I would think some innovative commuters tired of walking long distances to their neighbourhood bustop steals one of these and put's it in front of their house. Not only no need to walk far - but house price also rise :) Haha. I do like the design though - it is very minimalist and sleek.

godspeed=More like Malaysia Boleh! Hahahaha

Correct, correct, correct!
Malaysian bloggers' moniker for their country = Bolehland.

index7=I would think some innovative commuters tired of walking long distances to their neighbourhood bustop steals one of these and put's it in front of their house.

Good one. You know, some Malaysians run small businesses from just outside or just inside their houses eg. a drinks stall or a makan stall. So, your idea will bring even more customers - have a drink, buy some tissues/cigarettes/gum while you wait for the bus! Malaysia truly boleh.

hari raya coming and the mat rempit an indons need $$$ to buy raya clothes lah lol.. 2 days ago a fellow bandmade of mine in KL lost 3 laptops from the boot of his car. they got this device that can detect the power cycle of the laptop so they know which car got booty to jacked.

I think whoever removed the bus stop also took effort to remove the markings on the road?

Thread starter, is this article for real?

hari raya coming and the mat rempit an indons need $$$ to buy raya clothes lah lol.. 2 days ago a fellow bandmade of mine in KL lost 3 laptops from the boot of his car. they got this device that can detect the power cycle of the laptop so they know which car got booty to jacked.

HUH? What device is that?

Aw man please don't tell me its another 'ACTIVIST' movement trying to get their 'MESSAGE' heard so people can support their (insert cause here) causes.....

People like that need hobbies, that don't make them look like people who escaped from the IMH

rgt

hahahhha
c''mon la guys...look at the pictures properly leh...sumthing is wrong sumwhere rite...

I thought Singapore also had a lot of similar, metal theft cases recently?

I suspect those bus stop pictures were Photoshopped lah.

Some people obviously have too much time on their hands.

Back