$180 smarvo amp

So which are the under-rated and over-rated amps that we have in our markets now? I read that some brands like the Ms' are over-rated...is that true?

I am now looking for a cheaper, lower-end but good and clean amp for my gig sessions at my friend's place. Realized that my new JC-90 is too big and heavy...and too expensive to be moving around every week. Can anyone recommend me a brand and model? Thanks :)

Small tube combos are nice, Laney VC15s, Vox AC15s, Fender Blues Junior, Reverend Goblin. If you can find a Marshall JCM800 Combo even better, u can find one let me know hehe.

My VC30 is loud enough to play a small club. Used it before just nice, was able to crank it. Depends on what u wanna use it for.
For just bedroom practice and occassional jam 15 watts is enough. You wanna gig 30watts would be good. Unless u regularly play large venues you wont need more than 30 watts. anyway they can always mic up your amp and to be able to crank it up is a good thing =)

A tube 15 watt is much louder than a SS 15 watt amp, tube amps are generally much louder.

AC15s and VC15s are 15 watts. the Goblin is a 8 watt switchable to 2 or 3 watts. Blues Junior is also 15 i think.

There are many 30 watt combos ard. Do a search. Vox AC30s, Laney VC30s, Carvin Nomads. These are some of the amps availble locally.

I dun like the smarvos. the only good abt them is that they are cheap, other than that i don't find them particularly fantastic, i tried a few at the shop maybe the owners here can give u a better picture.

the laney vc15 looks very interesting, good reviews

anyone know if it's available at Sweelee?

nevermind, ignore my question above, after searching SOFT i found the answer in one of the price lists threads

thanks to all who didnt flame me for not searching before asking

haha

:lol:

Back