plainsman

The 11th Soft Drum Xchange Singapore
5th April (Saturday) 2008, 12-5pm at *scape

dxs_2007.jpg

What is Drum Xchange?

The objective of Drum Xchange Singapore is to

- Promote exchange of drum knowledge, technique, gear talk

- Identify and nurture drum talent in Singapore

- Welcome all regardless of race, language, religion, gender, music genre and personal bias

The following things usually happen at an Xchange:

(1) Drummer Highlight/Showcase - We invite a local professional drummer/drum teacher and get him/her to share with us experiences, answer questions etc.

(2) Free Play - Everyone is welcome to sit on the drumset to play!

(3) Drum Battle - Here 2 drumsets are set up and drummers may play in tandem with each other, or "square off"

(4) Question & Answer - A more informal session where drummers can share and exchange info, tips on playing. Basically just hanging out.

(5) Gear Talk - Quite a number of drummers will bring their own gear. For the rest, a chance to try them and also get feedback on what you have been eyeballing.

(6) Cymbal/Drum Workshop - Here our resident cymbalsmith & custom drum expert - Fu Man (drum_hobbyist) will accept your request and modify your drum gear. Subject to very limited availability !! (Please ask nicely)

Theme for this meetup: Make It Your Xchange!

We got Drum Xchange going in the 1st year, and this year we would like to refine the programme and make it better.

We want you to make the Xchange yours! Please come if you've always had a question to ask, a gear to try/share, or u just want to whack the drums.

We are also holding a forum to garner feedback on making the Soft DXS programme more exciting in the year ahead.

Venue for this meetup: *scape

Proudly supported by:

The Music Lab (Alvin Tan)
logo_musiclab_pearl.jpg

The Music Lab, a Funky Music School in Singapore!

Pro Musique & MAPEX Drums (Terry)
logo_combined.gif

::: Welcome to Pro Musique :::

Singapore DrumFest (Tan Boon)
logo_drumfest.gif

Singapore Drumfest

Committee Members:
Soft (James), RudimentalDrummer (Eric), plainsman (alfe), drum_hobbyist (Fu Man), killerbee (Lennat), mel80 (Mel), snowflier (Elaine), caijunlong (chunleng)

All is welcome!

BUT ... you are encouraged to join in as a DXS member.

DXS members have certain privileges over and above a walk-in participant.

Also, you will be signed on as a Passion card member and we are always looking to expand our programme to include more CCs and other government supported venues.

Thanks and see you there!

Useful Links
Soft DXS - Membership Registration
Soft DXS - House Rules
Official T-shirts designed and produced by starvingartists

Last edited by a moderator:
If im nt wrong if you stand at the entrance of cineleisure and u turn arnd 45 degree to your right u can see the scape already.

Finally the nxt Drum Xchange is here!

Attendees, pls post your name on the list as usual

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow

i wonder whats the theme this time around.. hmm. i wonder whether marcthedrummer still wants to see me do a double stroke roll. :p

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak

When isit? date?

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak
9. xenO

yeah, what is the date ah..
hmmm so we shifted home again? @.@

hey lepak!

great to see you here!!! :mrgreen:

i was the fellow who helped my student get the drumset from you... yess after worrying bout every other detail, i forgot to put down the date .. oops!!! (updated heh)

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak
9. xenO
10. metzalx

I need to find out how to get there. I don't even know where the hell that is!

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak
9. xenO
10. metzalx
11. caijunlong

xenOgenesis:
For dates and details, kindly check the first post again.

metzalx:
It's opposite Orchard Cineleisure. The small building behind the Youthpark stage. I think you should be able to see a big banner for SOFT meetups near Youthpark too. You can't miss it.

Hello everyone - This is a nice Venue (I've been there Twice)....me and Chun Leng were sharing a Package of Free-Drink (Sponsored by some ???? - James will know)......

Come join us next Saturday, Drink all you can (if you really can - it's Free ) hahaha ! - and Most Impotantly - Let's All Have FUN.Nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

Please sign up and come for this Xchange...If we want more & better activities in DXS for 2008 - then we must all support and participate in DXS Activities....and this is only but (Once in a Month Meetup) - - Please Come.eeeee !

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak
9. xenO
10. metzalx
11. caijunlong
12- Please Continue To Sign Up From Here -

Last edited:
1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak
9. xenO
10. metzalx
11. caijunlong
12. Ricky

It's On...wahahaha

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak
9. xenO
10. metzalx
11. caijunlong
12. Ricky
13. drumset_raf

So i bring the $20 for the Passion Card and Membership Card on that day. Who do I approach then?

1. James (Soft)
2. RudimentalDrummer
3. Alfe
4. mel80
5. killerbee
6. snow
7. ceing
8. Lepak
9. xenO
10. metzalx
11. caijunlong
12. Ricky
13. drumset_raf
14.Ipul

Hopefully i can make it there now...been wanting to go but always something else popped up.See u there! BTW i already have a passion card =D

Back