0.05uF SPRAGUE Capacitors @ $9 each

oldskoolstreet

These are the rarest best tone capacitors that I've found so far.

SPRAGUE NOS Rare Ceramic Disc 0.05 micro Farad (Approx 1 cm) - A Perfect Upgrade for Vintage Fender Tone, Great for Single Coils.

A NOS “high voltage” ceramic capacitor “High voltage” ceramic disc caps (aka “pancake caps”) from companies like those from Sprague, Centralab, Waldom, Mepco, and Erie were the standard tone caps on all Fender guitars during the ’60s and early ’70s. They looked like brown chocolate drops, and many of them had voltage ratings from 100V up to 1kV and even higher. They are out of production now, but SPRAGUE still stock NOS supplies of these excellent-sounding caps. To achieve true ’60s vintage tone from your Strat, Tele, or P- or J-Bass, there’s no way around the original. They sound totally different from the modern ceramic caps. The difference really is stunning, and there are several theories as to why they sound so good. From a technical point of view, these caps are far from being perfect as capacitors, so lots of harmonics and upper tones pass through without being blocked—which is why most people say they sound excellent. They’re among my favorite caps as well, and often they are the difference between a very good-sounding guitar and a fantastic-sounding guitar. I’ve tried lots of modern ceramic caps, but nothing even comes close to the old ones. If you can get some of these, please do!

Because You can't find ceramics as big as a Penny or Coin these days at your favourite electrical local component shop, So probably I have an excellent deal for your immediate tone upgrade. Once these are gone, they're Gone

I have a few dozens of Sprague Capacitors as Wide as 1cm in diameter in Bulk. Please See image below. Available at $9 each. !

98zcrz.jpg
XP99KR.jpg

Part Number: CD503MZ5U
Manufacturer: SPRAGUE
Capacitance: 0.05 uf
Voltage: 100 v
lead length: 4.32 mm
lead spacing: 8.89 mm
Lead type: radial
DIAMETER: Approx. 1 cm

Please do not lowball me. My price is firm. Meet ups arrange-able. Thank you.

SMS/WhatsApp at 9685 1712 / 9730 6985

Last edited:
Back