Zoom G3X review?

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to search SOFT for any review or comment about the Zoom G3X multi effect but i found alot of WTS/WTB threads instead.

I've been searching in the net and most of the reviews are highly positive on this multi effect.

I also intend to drop by City Music to try it out since they're carrying it,
but before doing that I wanna find out what's the comment from those that have used it before or still using it.
Understood that "sound" is a very subjective subject and it's still better to hear it for myself.

I'm looking for something that i can use for distortion and reverb combo currently, but still able to change when i have other needs in the future (like echo or delay).

Any comments will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Dan

G3X is very versatile, and quite easy to use.

sound wise the distortion sound digital when only the guitar is being played, but sounds acceptable when playing with a band. the highs are quite pronounced so the tones generally seems "thin but clear" at default settings, adjusting the eq a little would thicken it up.

the wah pedals inside are quite meh.

other than these two areas, everything else is amazing. you may want to consider a G5 to use up to 9 effects at a time.

It's pretty alright. For that insane low price, I'd say it's actually super!
Good investment before going full analog.
As you get to venture almost every effect/modulation ever made.

Also, a fantastic practice tool.
Basic rhythms and looper seals the deal.

Thanks for the advices!

@Vidak you mean the tones sound "thin" as in not much penetration?
so will plugging it to an amp helps, as in using the amp to compensate the thin tone?

I guess for now the G3X serves my purpose as i'll use it more for practising than going for gigs or studio.

@Travisk, yes same sentiments on the practise tool! I made the right "guess", i guess. LOL!

The presets are pretty acceptable.
Though some levels are set a little too loud.
Nevertheless, all it needs is just slight tweaking.
Just need a little work and it'll sound great.

Basically, every one of the presets needs tweaking.
Haha.

hmm I shall try explain further:

for all the different tones I had described, they are all inclusive of an amp. guitar > zoom > amp

as for the distortions generally sounding "thin", I meant that we can increase the amount of bass to thicken the tone

Back