EBS MultiComp vs MXR M87

DontDeRockMe

Hi guys, I would like some views on both EBS MultiComp and MXR Bass Compressor M87.

I went to the shops @ both Peninsula and Bras Basah and it looks like all MXR M87 are sold out, so only left with the EBS MultiComp. Wanted to try it but the shop is way to crowded, and no point trying out one when the other is not available for comparison.

Just wanna ask if anyone here has got experience trying both pedals and provide some feedback in terms of performance and quality?

Thanks.

My Bassist was told the M87 was sold out and the EBS was better according to the salesman.

My advice to him was there must be a reason it is sold out. That's just me I suppose.

For compressor woes:
http://www.ovnilab.com/

If you check out the link I posted on the EBS, apparently the review felt the 'mighty' EBS has been displaced by the M87. I'm looking to get an M87 as well, but for guitar lol

Two very different comps to me imho.

If you don't care much for knob twiddling, just stomp on stomp off and that's all, EBS.
If you are OCD about control and everything must be set just right, MXR.

Besides Davis, where else can I get either the EBS or MXR?

Ranking music has some MXR products, you might want to check there. But I would strongly advise you to buy from Davis because they are an authorised dealer and also their price on the MXR is pretty good.

But I would strongly advise you to buy from Davis because they are an authorised dealer and also their price on the MXR is pretty good.

Sorry bro, but I think its laughable that even though Davis is the authorized dealer, yet they can't provide an answer as to when their next shipment is going to be, and answer simple questions on the product that they are selling.

check out the Empress Compressor then, it's similar to the MXR with a sidechain feature but has a lower maximum compression ratio. Can be gotten from Ebenex or from Empress themselves online.

Diggin on an old thread. Anyone knows how much does an mxr m87 cost at davis? Iam also eyeing the mxr m81 bass preamp.

Diggin on an old thread. Anyone knows how much does an mxr m87 cost at davis? Iam also eyeing the mxr m81 bass preamp.

very cheap, cheaper than you buy from US, i paid 180 or 190 for mine (NEW) cant remember but sold it away as i have issue with it, Davis has the best price among the distributors, look for steven at the other shop he can advice you on the price

Pretty much anyone can buy MXR stuff from MXR themselves. That's why almost every store has them in stock.

EBS gear is available at the Yamaha store in Plaza Singapura... and to a lesser extent other Yamaha stores.

Back