Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are keyboards and which keyboard should I buy (for noobs)

User Info Menu

Great suggestion piano_ex. That will definitely be the next step. Will put that in another thread. Want to start the thread? The thread should just be a list of questions first. Then we'll compile it - and sticky it.

User Info Menu

I think one big expect of all the pros keyboard is the performance mode in all keyboard. I guess is the term being used in the big three. A lot of the patches are very raw. Beside you could do synthesis, Effect processor is very important too. It will continue to sound raw after synthesis being done. Like Reverb and compressor is the most common tool. High end workstation keyboard have mastering effect too. You need to know a little bit about mixing, orelse you will keeping wondering why your sound doesn't cut as other does.

User Info Menu

wow!

wow! very comprehensive !

User Info Menu

Hi ppl,

I'm considering to buy a keyboard to kick start playing the piano. I'm a total beginner and would love to know if the Yamaha PSR-e413 is recommendable for purchase for use for at least a period of 2 years, until I've got further plans to get a keyboard/piano with a better sound.

My budget is tight, around S$400, please advice which model should I get. I'm looking specifically into the piano sound, the other functions of the keyboard doesn't really matter. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by littletigo View Post
    Hi ppl,

I'm considering to buy a keyboard to kick start playing the piano. I'm a total beginner and would love to know if the Yamaha PSR-e413 is recommendable for purchase for use for at least a period of 2 years, until I've got further plans to get a keyboard/piano with a better sound.

My budget is tight, around S$400, please advice which model should I get. I'm looking specifically into the piano sound, the other functions of the keyboard doesn't really matter. Thanks!
    313 and 413 key touch is about the same. Save more money on 313. Ground floor on SLS sell even cheaper but no demo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kongwee View Post
    313 and 413 key touch is about the same. Save more money on 313. Ground floor on SLS sell even cheaper but no demo.
    But I'd prefer the e413 as it sounds nicer. What's SLS?

User Info Menu

Littletigo, is it possible to start a new thread on this? Let's try to keep this thread clean - focusing mainly on tips. For actual questions on which keyboard, please start new threads. Otherwise, this thread is going to become too long and difficult to read.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Roger that (:

User Info Menu

Thanks

Thanks Cheez,
    The foundation info that you have given for differentiating Digital Pianos / Sequencers / Synths and Arrangers is really helpful.
    Have one question 0 Whats Sampling and what does a sampler do? Is it related to Synthesizing (that is, creating new sounds from the existing wave forms?)
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Sampler mean you are able to capture sound(known as sampling) or import audio file and store inside your keyboard. That audio file can be used for synthesis and spread across the entire keys as a patch.Normally 4 audio file(or 4 layer) is the max to make a patch. Or each key can store an audio file( or 4 layer max) but with limited synthesis you could do.
    Last edited by kongwee; 16-04-09 at 12:21 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast