Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing of 2 pin plug to 3 pin plug(Grounding)

User Info Menu

haha sorry man..edit it some other time..now really tired..

User Info Menu

can we just switch the cable with another cable which is already 3-pinned?

User Info Menu

I just finished grounding my amp.It's a little better than before...much much more quieter...but there seems to be this feedback coming at certain times.Is that normal?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dryfinish
    can we just switch the cable with another cable which is already 3-pinned?
    erm it depends on your amp..some amps have detachable wire while some dont..an eg. of one which have is a laney TF700II a one which dotn is a marshall mg15cdr..

User Info Menu

so.. like taking mine dose, its a laney too btw. i can just switch it with any 3pin plug rite?

User Info Menu

erm ya..just follow the steps..remember the colour coding..

User Info Menu

i just grounded my cube 15 but now having a big problem. theres this loud hum whenever i connect my guitar to the amp. The hum only goes off if i touch the metal parts on the guitar. Anyone experience the same problem?

User Info Menu

question : will all wires have these 3 sub wires within them? i.e. will it be possible that there is no ground wire?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turtlemuscle
    question : will all wires have these 3 sub wires within them? i.e. will it be possible that there is no ground wire?
    Not necessary, many domestic appliance only have 2 wire core as power. It's how the manufacturer wants to design the circuit. As in your radio, TV, DVD, hi-fi....etc a lot dont come with the earth wire.

User Info Menu

Noting the progress of this thread, I have expected the outcome. That the author not only have helped some people, he also has lead some astray, while others come back with more questions than the original intented matter.

Even something as straight forward as cutting the wire and re installing a local 3-pin plug. There are people who are just not technically inclined to do a proper job for this. That's why we must be careful when offering advise. A well intended assistance can and will easily back-fire. Especially in such stuff like technical advise, where the surest way is still to offer is still one-on-one assistance, general advise must be given as such, generally.
    (eg. it's advisable to change your power plug to local 3-pin compatible plug. Do it youself, only if you have the experience and is confident, else get someone who is confident to help you. Be it your friend for free or pay someone)

One last note to all.

Remember!! You are dealing with potentially LETHAL voltage and current, proceed cautiously. It's not worth to risk your life for a lousy plug.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast