Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my Tama double Iron cobra's left beater screw and securing cap

User Info Menu

Lost my Tama double Iron cobra's left beater screw and securing cap

I just lost my Tama double Iron cobra's left beater screw and securing cap. Is there anyway to replace these parts?

User Info Menu

You'll probably have to buy a new beater head. Those come with both the screw and securing cap (i've got the rubber beater heads as well). Swee Lee wants $27 for the felt one which is of course highway robbery. Got my replacements from this website instead: http://www.wwbw.com/Tama-CB90FH-i47282.music Much cheaper.

Waiting for them to arrive via vpost though.

User Info Menu

Any other alternatives? I hope i never have to mess with online shopping. Had bad experiences. Any other way? please bros help me ahhh... i want to practice my double pedal...

User Info Menu

hmm I do have an old iron cobra rubber beater ( but the rubber kinda melted ) which is not in use. I'm not too sure which parts you are talking about, PM me!

User Info Menu

laurentrox: If i'm not wrong what u need is that screw, washer and black metal thingie right? My new felt beater heads have arrived (my old right foot beater head has worn out till there's only the hard bit left and it's making a big dimple in my bass drum skin) but I haven't swapped out the old one yet. If you want I can give you the bits you need since I won't need them anymore (since the whole head is useless).

Frummer: Mine has the same problem (as you can see from the picture). In fact, i barely used it at all but the thing was always quite sticky. So much so that it sticks to the drum head after impact and doesn't return. Both the rubber ones i bought are like that. I wonder if it's our weather or something...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denosha View Post
    You'll probably have to buy a new beater head. Those come with both the screw and securing cap (i've got the rubber beater heads as well). Swee Lee wants $27 for the felt one which is of course highway robbery. Got my replacements from this website instead: http://www.wwbw.com/Tama-CB90FH-i47282.music Much cheaper.

Waiting for them to arrive via vpost though.
    well if u ask me i would say its daylight robery has it was in the mornin when i almost bought one

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, a warning about ordering from www.wwbw.com. They like to use big boxes. I only ordered 2 IC felt beater heads and 2 IC heavy springs, which as you can imagine is very small in terms of volume. End up the box they used was so big that Vpost tagged the volumetric weight as 1.1kg while the actual weight was only 0.3kg. So had to pay more shipping (about S$7 more). However, in total (including shipping) i only paid $59 for the 4 items. The springs are us$4 each. So i ended up still saving $$$ even with the extra shipping i paid. Oh and I had the items shipping with some other stuff i had coming from amazon.com so i saved on the vpost base charges.

User Info Menu

Denosha : When I bought the rubber beater, I actually wanted to fix it onto my old stagestar pedal. But when I got home, I realised the Tama Beater rod is abit bigger and can't fit. I ended up keeping it back in the plasti case till I got new pedals. And when I finally did...I experienced the same thing as you.Total waste of money.I think its our weather...the heat.

User Info Menu

Yo guys, thanks a lot for the replies. Just to make it clear that what i meant was the screw to secure the whole beater to the pedal and the black coloured cap to make sure it doesn't come out. Shit, im such a noob, how to upload pictures ah? I want to show you guys the parts.

User Info Menu

Eh, aren't they the parts i showed in my picture above?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast