Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latency!

User Info Menu

eh it's not that bad i think.
    just get a better soundcard which should suppress the crackling to an extent. and if you're just recording sequences, then the latency shouldn't be much of a problem, since you can always edit the notes afterwards in the piano roll anyway

User Info Menu

Yes, installing XP means wiping out your HD. Only way is to use software like Partition Magic and dual boot.

But my suggestion is to backup all your data. Then dual boot. Clean install. Dual boot is not that bad. If you can't find XP, it's still OK. Just make sure you DAW partition has nothing. Also, there's a free software called vlite (Vista version of nlite, which is for XP) which basically strips off all the unecessary stuff from your Vista.

Anybody doing serious audio work will never use their DAW for anything else except DAW applications. Particularly for you, who use lots of VST plugins. And the cheapest way is to dual boot. More expensive way is, of course, to buy a new PC just for DAW...

User Info Menu

BUY A 500GB HARD DISK! $130 nia!
    [Check out the stuff I put up for sale starting from Free/$1 !]
    [BluePrintStudios.Org] Freelance Services : [A]udio / [V]ideo / [P]hoto / [C]omputer

User Info Menu

Appreciate the reply guys.

Goes to show that there are people in this forum who actually give a SH**!

Thanks a milli a milli a milli.

User Info Menu

many people in this forum whether is it sound/computer/guitar/key/bass/vocals/drums each section have their own helpful regulars heheh do tell your friends who're not in soft forum to join in.
    [Check out the stuff I put up for sale starting from Free/$1 !]
    [BluePrintStudios.Org] Freelance Services : [A]udio / [V]ideo / [P]hoto / [C]omputer

User Info Menu

I was able to tweak my old Dell pentium M 1.6GHz laptop and get a latency of 5ms using asio4all alone!
    But when I use my Presonus firebox I was able to get a latency of 2.5-3ms depending on what sound samples I'm loading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12