Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it better to perform band songs from radio or outside?

User Info Menu

Is it better to perform band songs from radio or outside?

Which is it?If we play songs like Radiohead that are not played on radio, they dont even know what the band is playing.
    Yamaha Pacifica 120 Steal1th
    Zoom G2.1u
    Cheerious

User Info Menu

Radiohead is pretty popular, and has been on radio charts for quite a while. if you ever take a glance at top 10 artists for most users over at last.fm, radiohead will be on most of them. In fact, I'm one to think most of their material are overrated.

but I guess if you seek to be a cover band, then just stick to the Top 40s I guess. If you play songs well enough, people won't mind if it gets them grooving anyway.

User Info Menu

How bout Paramore?
    Zoom G2.1u
    Cheerious

User Info Menu

yeah everyone under 16 seems to know them pretty well so you can't possibly go wrong bro

User Info Menu

Okay.Thanks dir!
    Zoom G2.1u
    Cheerious

User Info Menu

when i was 16 there were bands like korn, orgy, limp bizkit, powerman 5000, and some which have been completely erased from my memory. subsequently there were more shit acts that took over this mantle. looks like it's 2008, and we have a new generation of 16 year olds listening to the same old 'new' shit

User Info Menu

it depends on the gig, any theme? only covers? cant originals? genre? occasion? location? crowd? time? take these into consideration. if not, just play what u want! haha.

User Info Menu

i saw a hardcore band play outside wisma during tapestry a few years ago. i saw an auntie headbanging. since then i've had full faith in the singapore crowd

User Info Menu

If for me, I just play whatever I want.. May it be noise or music.. I don't think being in favour of the crowd liking is a good thing for myself.. Coz people won't know the creativity in you or your music..

But it's up to you actually..

User Info Menu

I want to do it during School Perfromance.What songs should i play?From radio?
    Zoom G2.1u
    Cheerious

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast