Thread: recording solution

User Info Menu

recording solution

Hi peeps, i have this current situation which i would like to seek some advice on, basically , i would like to record acoustic guitars to my computer , i have a tascam vl-x5 near field monitor and a e-mu 1212m soundcard, question is i would like to record miked up acoustic guitars ,which means that i would have to monitor the music via headphone instead of through the monitors, would i need some kind of an audio switcher to switch between headphone and monitor?

User Info Menu

Why dun you just switch off the monitor speaker when you want to record your playing.

User Info Menu

thing is i am playing against a backing track as such i would need to hear the backing track, but since i am rec acoustic guitars the sound frm the monitors would bleed into my microphone during rec

User Info Menu

waddup esse, but you cannot route all audio into the headphones and turn off the monitors meh?

User Info Menu

yes you'll have to turn off your monitors.

your setup : from soundcard > mon.speakers

either free : soundcard > unplug mon.spk. plug in headphones.

or pay abit : soundcard > headphone amp > 1) mon.spk 2) h.p.

so anytime you can lower your headphones or monitors as you like.

budget = behringer
    want abit better quality = rolls.
    [Check out the stuff I put up for sale starting from Free/$1 !]
    [BluePrintStudios.Org] Freelance Services : [A]udio / [V]ideo / [P]hoto / [C]omputer

User Info Menu

thanks bro, u have solved my problem

User Info Menu

you're welcome hehe
    [Check out the stuff I put up for sale starting from Free/$1 !]
    [BluePrintStudios.Org] Freelance Services : [A]udio / [V]ideo / [P]hoto / [C]omputer