Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: familarising wif guitar

User Info Menu

familarising wif guitar

hey all when i was prastising my guitar during my breaks i realised that i arent very familar wif all the frets and the notes like E, A , G blah blah...any way u guys gt any method to familarising my self wif my guitar? I cant even play a simple song....

User Info Menu

im also tryin to nail all the notes on the fretboard im done with the fat e other than that i have to do a quick count using the tunings. i guess the only way is memorising?

User Info Menu

There is a simpler way to memorise this at the start.

Let's go one by one. Say for Major. If im not wrong its W W S W W W S.
    This means it is Whole tone, Whole tone, Semi-tone, Whole tone, Whole tone, Whole tone, Semi-tone.

There are 7 "main" notes in music. A B C D E F G.

B to C is semi tone. E to F is semi tone as well.

Semi tone means there ain't any sharps or flats.

So for example, 1st fret of the 6th string which is the low E, is F. Cause E to F no sharps or flats.

So it will be...

1st - F
    2nd - F#(Gb)
    3rd - G
    4th - G#(Ab)
    5th - A

So on so forth. Can get it? Sorry i'm not so strong in my theory but its a way i use to try to figure where the notes are. After you get this "basic idea" right, with constant practising, yeah i guess you will remember it sooner or later.

User Info Menu

one way is playing scales...

User Info Menu

well, i dont remember trying to learn, but i know most of the frets... i have this 'technique' 12 frets above is another octave, 5 frets below one string is the same note, except for the 4th string... but somehow, 3rd fret and below, i know it all... its not much though, hope it helps... well, i've seen my brother tape papers of notes on the fretboard...

User Info Menu

whoa all so chim....duno what u all toking abt....-.-"

User Info Menu

These are the notes when the strings are played open (from 6th to 1st string) - E A D G B E

there is an easy way to remember them

E (F,G) A (B,C) D (E,F) G (A) B (C, D) E

notice tt in between each string are 2 steps....but not 2 steps in terms of pitch la...err...i not sure how to explain XD...but ttz my way of remembering it....

as for each note along the fretboard...lets take the 6sth string for an example...

E|F|F#|G|G#|A|A#|B|C|C#|D|D#|E
    0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12

after the 12th fret the entire ting repeats itself

each number represtent the fret and the note..
    notice that as u move one fret, the string is half a step higher...
    but between E and F or B and C...there are no sharps...

just rmb one fret iz half step higher (e.g A ---> A#)
    with the exception of E to F and B to C

if u wana familiarise yourself wif the postition of the frets...err..lyk if u wana play fast....u can try playin scales or playin chords...wif ur eyes closed until ur very familiar...no kidding...ttz wad i do with most songs i practice...

hehs...hope my post helps...

hahax...bleh..willy rmb my 10 dollars hahax XD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 17wil
    whoa all so chim....duno what u all toking abt....-.-"
    go get yourself a guitar teacher :lol:

User Info Menu

okay that i understand :P
    SPASTIKA WHERE ARE YOU?!!!!!!

User Info Menu

There is no such note as a E# and a B# note.

E# is equal to F while B# is equal to C

So basically after you play a E note , the next note on the next fret is F. Same thing applies for the B note....next note on the next fret is C.

I hope that helps though.... :roll:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast