Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earlier - Skye Soon (city pop vibes + animation)

User Info Menu

Earlier - Skye Soon (city pop vibes + animation)

Heya! Just wanna share my new original song "Earlier". Made a little animated video to accompany it too! Thanks for checking it out

User Info Menu

Re: Earlier - Skye Soon (city pop vibes + animation)

nice funky piece, Skye

melodyline is flowing, words catchy... singing is clear, pitching good

your Artwork is fantastic

arrangement wise, can add a few more layers, like more retro pads in the background, some strings maybe, so it don't sound too emptea ya...

^ ^
    Sky
    Last edited by lantianyu; 11-03-20 at 12:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi Sky!

Thank you for your kind comments! Will keep your suggestions in mind for the next project!

Quote Originally Posted by lantianyu View Post
    nice funky piece, Skye

melodyline is flowing, words catchy... singing is clear, pitching good

your Artwork is fantastic

arrangement wise, can add a few more layers, like more retro pads in the background, some strings maybe, so it don't sound too emptea ya...

^ ^
    Sky

User Info Menu

Nice work! You've got a great voice. I also appreciate the minimal production a lot too, no need for over processing when you have a strong idea right?Looking forward to your next piece!

User Info Menu

Oops, I sense sour grapes in moustache

Mel

User Info Menu

How so? Maybe read my response again?

User Info Menu

I interestingly discovered that one of moustache's favourite bands, "daughters", which play satanic music, uses heavy layers in the arrangement.

Mel

User Info Menu

Lol and what has that got to do with anything? I like the song that Skye shared and I responded with why I liked it. The arrangement choices she made fits the idea of the song.

As a postscript, daughters may take a somewhat maximalist approach to arrangement, but it also fits the genre. Maybe you should give them a try with an open mind!

User Info Menu

Hi!
    Thanks a lot for your comment! Wanted to go minimal this time and give more attention to the bass line, so Iím really glad someone likes it! Will continue to work and improve!

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoustache View Post
    Nice work! You've got a great voice. I also appreciate the minimal production a lot too, no need for over processing when you have a strong idea right?Looking forward to your next piece!

User Info Menu

Good job! The song is nice and catchy. Only thing missing is the bass guitar in the chorus section! May want to consider putting that in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast