Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swee Lee Online ? Good or Bad ?

User Info Menu

Re: Swee Lee Online ? Good or Bad ?

Hi @godspeed64,

We really appreciate your feedback. Since Swee Lee changed management in 2012, a lot of the things you have described are key areas we've been working to improve.

The telephone stock checking experience you had is unacceptable - we've had a couple of complaints in this area and action points to already make this better, but we're also making some larger improvements that will be rolled out next year for training and service consistency. Point is definitely taken and we will do better.

With regards to "The Bad", I hope you understand I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I do think this is a little unfair! We have made enormous improvements on pricing since 2012, and in fact all of our products since then have been pegged on USA MAP price, where historically (pre-2012) there were definitely much higher prices comparatively. We are often extremely close, if not always cheaper than USA MAP prices these days on most products. Do also bear in mind, that anyone buying a guitar in the USA or Europe usually has to pay local taxes (like GST) that are not listed on the price when you look at it from overseas!

For example:

https://www.sweelee.com.sg/ibanez-je...king-pink.html - $4799 inclusive of GST and free shipping
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JEM777SK - $4730.29 SGD + 7% GST = $5062.84 before shipping

https://www.sweelee.com.sg/fender-st...k-w-o-bag.html - $899 inclusive of GST and free shipping
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StratSTMAW - $810.87 + 7% GST = $867.90 before shipping

https://www.sweelee.com.sg/gibson-20...-sunburst.html - $4999 inclusive of GST, warranty, free PLEK, free shipping
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SSHEQ1G17 - $4931 + 7% GST = $5278 before shipping

With regards to products being out of stock, we do maintain an inventory of over 40,000 products from more than 100 different brands serving more than 15 outlets in the region as well as hundreds of dealers. This has grown very fast in the last couple of years and we're trying to keep up all the time - coordinating shipments by sea, air and trying to ensure we get all our stocking levels and purchasing trends right for our markets. It's unfortunately impossible to stock every single item as different brands have different MOQs, purchasing rules and terms and conditions on size of shipments, so it's really a balancing act when running the business efficiently. We're also getting used to purchase volumes increasing and things moving much quicker than expected.

This is not an excuse in why our service staff were not able to help answer your questions better and manage expectations, again, we will do better there! But I hope it helps to understand our side of the table too and that you don't mind or get offended by me sharing this. We really want to make this better, and as we expand further in the next year we will also benefit from some of the key economies of scale that some of the other much larger markets like the USA, Europe have when it comes to availability and choice!

The world is a very competitive place and we really believe that no company should rest on one's laurels and be complacent. Our commitment to pricing is one of the biggest initiatives that we hope our customers have appreciated and benefitted from! Our new team is very passionate about what we do and believe we've made many improvements in a short amount of time, but there's still much much more to do. We very much want to make things better and your feedback is really appreciated - we don't take these things lightly.
    Last edited by sweelee; 29-08-17 at 10:15 PM. Reason: wrong price on the fender standard!

User Info Menu

Sweelee, for small orders please use singpost/speedpost.. My previous order, i had to wait 1 week for my strings, strap and picks..

User Info Menu

And also, please, if you want to be the top leading music gear retailers in Asia, have some decency in putting pride to update your stated price tag online.
    Just only two months ago, a pedal TC electronic spark booster mini pedal is show at 79 dollars for your online price. In fact, right now is still 79 dollars as seen.

Name:  spark.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  84.6 KB

Now, i kindly request you to go to your store, ie the katong 112 outlet and see the price tag, and finally go check your system price.

All 3 different pricing.
    (Online 79), (Price Tag 129), (Your system price 149)

I have even encountered before your online price for a kapo is 0 Dollars, yes 0 dollars, i tried checking it out and successful but i never receive anything.

I understand that your price is relatively peg to US prices, but do take note, many of times online retailers do provide discount codes and stuff which i dont really see Swee Lee doing. Which alot of times is actually cheaper than buying in Singapore.

User Info Menu

Hi Godsmen, thank you for your feedback!

Actually, the system and online price is correct at $79 (USA MAP is $49.99)!

We've already changed the price tag in store, you might have been there on the day we were updating it :-)

User Info Menu

Are online listings checked/ proof read? If errors are reported, how soon can they be attended to?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by subversion View Post
    Are online listings checked/ proof read? If errors are reported, how soon can they be attended to?
    Pretty quickly! PM me :-)

User Info Menu

I would like to but in the effort to make sure Swee Lee exercises a more thorough effort in updating online listings (because this isn't the first), I'd leave it to you & your team to sieve through the latest Fender updates (guitars) in realizing the errors (yes, more than one). Wishing you a good midweek ahead.

User Info Menu

I would like to but in the effort to make sure Swee Lee exercises a more thorough effort in updating online listings (because this isn't the first), I'd leave it to you & your team to sieve through the latest Fender updates (guitars) in realizing the errors (yes, more than one). Wishing you a good midweek ahead.
    Yes! We are finally ready push some changes live to the system in the next two weeks (following some of the feedback that has occurred earlier in this thread) that will solve many of the issues that were faced by OP and regarding product descriptions we will be able to make amendments and updates move even quicker (and fix descriptions that have bugs).

User Info Menu

Thank you for putting weight to the mater. More importantly, thank you for listening to us at this end. We believe there is a relationship between us (buyers) & commercial entities out there (not just Swee Lee) & a symbiosis is inevitable- a win-win relationship, why not? :-)

User Info Menu

Thank you for putting weight to the mater. More importantly, thank you for listening to us at this end. We believe there is a relationship between us (buyers) & commercial entities out there (not just Swee Lee) & a symbiosis is inevitable- a win-win relationship, why not? :-)
    We must. There is more than just a symbiotic relationship - we (commercial entities) do not exist without customers! So it's our responsibility to make them happy :-) Thank you for giving us the chance to make things right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast