Thread: Need your thoughts on Custom Acoustic DR 68

User Info Menu

Need your thoughts on Custom Acoustic DR 68

Hi all Guitar lovers, needed some thoughts on a recent purchase!

Specs can be found :http://www.citymusic.com.sg/products...ustic-DR68/721

User Info Menu

Re: Need your thoughts on Custom Acoustic DR 68

Hi there! I had it since 2012, recently broke the neck due to a freak accident but fixed it and it still holds up 12s pretty well.
    ITS A BEAST. I love love strumming with it, very versatile, fingerstyle, blues, rock, standalone acoustic settings, huge projection. If you dont go for brands, but want a beautiful looking and playable guitar. this is the best choice ever. the abalone bindings are GORGEOUS.

Fit elixrs 12s on them and get them set-up every year, upgrade the pickups to lr baggs when you think have the capacity to do so. Take care of them and you'll have endless returns.

Great purchase!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd mention the b-band is pretty good too so dont even worry about it. the tuners dont even need changing, just need to maintain it everytime you change strings. wipe down is enough

User Info Menu

Hi TYSM for replying

Great to hear from another owner! Was thinking of upgrading with

1) fmi saddle & nut
    2) lr baggs anthem pick up
    3) Accessory - Lr baggs para di

Wondering how your 2012 dr68 piece open up for the sounds ��

User Info Menu

No worries.
    The thing about upgrading is that you'd want to be sure that you've maxed out the potential of what you've already have. I've personally not done any upgrades but I like what I hear already from the guitarbut I'll share with you my opinion on upgrades

1) fmi saddle - bone saddle that comes with it is good enough Imho. Do it when you've worn down the saddles.

2) anthem - definitely will change it to this pick up if not for my broken neck.

3) acessory: no comment.

Yes it opens up really well. It's a nice bright sounding guitar. But as you age, it will mellow aand open up with lots of beautiful character. love it.