Thread: Which acoustic guitar for $300

User Info Menu

Which acoustic guitar for $300

Hi Guys

I've finally made up my mind to get an acoustic guitar.

MY budget is max $300.

Heard a lot of good things about yamaha and Maestro acoustics.

Which brand would u guys recommend?

Pls state the model too.

Tks!

User Info Menu

Yamaha FG series, value for money, check out music plaza.

User Info Menu

get mastero ED1... but do try it carefully... as i find that their guitars are not consistent thorughout... if its good... get on the spot..

User Info Menu

Try some Maestro... The guitars are usually good in quality and only a few exceptions. If you happen to try something and it sounds good, get that and not another unit in the store room cause they may sound different. Then again, you can ask to try some of the stock models not an display to compare.

User Info Menu

Try checking out the Fina 3150, I'm thinking of getting it as a spare acoustic.
    I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good. - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (1886-1969)

User Info Menu

takamine g-series. som of the prices ranges around there.

User Info Menu

i own a suzuki acoustic haha...

pretty banged up cause i dun really take care of it...

but it still sounds pretty good loL...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spectator View Post
    i own a suzuki acoustic haha...

pretty banged up cause i dun really take care of it...

but it still sounds pretty good loL...

If it is a laminate guitar, it most probably will last longer then a solid top or full solid guitar given a w/o care condition. The theory behind this is simple. Furniture are made from laminate wood as well.. you think you'll care about the humidity or this or that of your furniture? But, they last long don't they? yup.. if you need a guitar for durability and not the sound, get a laminate guitar~ i got 1 for pure beach party/bbq purpose!
    Vinnie Mah

User Info Menu

+1. Laminates are in general, stronger than a thin solid top. The pros of solid top being:
    - soundboard matures with age; seasoned sound
    - better projection; louder.

Btw, to fellow Fina 3150 owners and would-be owners, let me know what you think of that guitar? Heard plenty of good reviews of it on guitar4christ forum. Seems like a very value-for-money solid top.

Cheers!