Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any guitar shops in JB?

User Info Menu

There's one Musical Shop in City Square JB, Its on the 4th flr called "Everstrong".
    Last time i checked they got some selection of entry level electric axes and a lone Ibanez Gio bass there.They also have some cheap to medium priced acoustics,guitar amps,keyboard and other stuff (Efx,Straps,String,books etc.) Though i have to say most electric guitar strings there are quite pricey..an ernie ball super slinky set cost Rm19..which is abt SGD 9+.. where as the price in SG range abt SGD 6.60 to 8

User Info Menu

Do you know what brand of acoustics or electrics are they selling at the city square guitar shop?

User Info Menu

edyeo:

the last time i went to everstrong city square was quite many months ago. i saw mostly kapok (and kapok comtemporaries ), santa cruz acostic guitars, other insignificant china brands as well. not sure if they have updated their inventory. i hardly go there coz the parking rate in city square is meant for singaporeans. haha..

i've a friend using a santa cruz acostic. really decent quality, bang for the bucks. i googled and found out that santa cruz actually makes VERY expensive guitars. all the santa cruz sold here only costs a few hundred ringgit. i'm not sure if they're fake. probably budget models meant for asian market? hmm..

fyi, there is also santa cruz electric bass sold here. 24 fret p-j ibanez lookalike and priced rm400 for a sunburst! i really wonder where it came from.

User Info Menu

Are there any guitar shops in JB?

You can try Masai Music Centre @ Jusco Tebrau City
    Lot F02 1st Flr
    Tel: 07-3555122

cheers!!!!

User Info Menu

shops

there is 1 at Taman Century near Omega tuition ctr, opp. the Pelangi shopping ctr.

1 at Taman universiti, skudai, main rd. near Petronas stn. and beside WangLai2 kopitiam/restaurant:-D
    Last edited by kamenraider; 04-03-08 at 10:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Store in Batu Pahat, JB just open 2 years ago. Gibson dealer for Johore also.

http://www.sandmanguitarcentre.com/

User Info Menu

Buy electronic stuff in Singapore. Does'nt only apply to guitars but to anything else electronic.

Besides that, acoustic or classical guitars are a tad cheaper in msia. Recommended for beginners to buy acoustic guitars in msia. That is if you want to start with an electric.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hayabusa View Post
    edyeo:

the last time i went to everstrong city square was quite many months ago. i saw mostly kapok (and kapok comtemporaries ), santa cruz acostic guitars, other insignificant china brands as well. not sure if they have updated their inventory. i hardly go there coz the parking rate in city square is meant for singaporeans. haha..

i've a friend using a santa cruz acostic. really decent quality, bang for the bucks. i googled and found out that santa cruz actually makes VERY expensive guitars. all the santa cruz sold here only costs a few hundred ringgit. i'm not sure if they're fake. probably budget models meant for asian market? hmm..

fyi, there is also santa cruz electric bass sold here. 24 fret p-j ibanez lookalike and priced rm400 for a sunburst! i really wonder where it came from.
    Santa Cruz in M'sia are most probably China made, and labelled locally by some chain outlet, if I got it correctly. It's the same as we've our own 'Diesel' jeans, which are not from the same company as the US Diesel Jeans.

Good thing we don't hv imitation Burger Kings in M'sia

User Info Menu

Amps are definite buy in Singapore, but to bring into malaysia there will be a tax.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_mason View Post

You can try Masai Music Centre @ Jusco Tebrau City
    Lot F02 1st Flr
    Tel: 07-3555122

cheers!!!!
    hey man this shop brings in only yamaha guitars is it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast