Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swee Lee staff at Star Vista

User Info Menu

Re: Swee Lee staff at Star Vista

swee lee at star vista very nice leh

User Info Menu

To be fair, I visited 3 branches of Swee Lee. Star Vista, Bras Basah and I12 Katong. I12 Katong's service was good, the guy in glasses offered to demo and even let me try the guitars and Fenders. Bras Basah's service is okayish...they only entertain you if you ask them first but they, unlike City Music, will not take the initiative to ask if you need help. I'm okay with it because I don't like to be harassed while looking at things. Lastly, Star Vista's service...is just...I don't know of a word for it. But the whole atmosphere felt very 'dead'. It's like they don't even entertain anyone at all. Maybe I went on a bad day.

Although TC, if I were you, since they offer such a really screwed up service and etc, I wouldn't even have purchased the guitar in the first place! I'd have left the shop without even purchasing anything. But I think this story is a bit one-sided because I always believe there are 2 sides to a coin, so I'm sure the staffs have their own stories to tell. Like, "TC came in a bad day, I was yelled at by my boss so he caught me at a bad time" or something. I don't know.

User Info Menu

swee lee customer service improved as compared to the old days
    now the shop no more special price tag where staff give discount
    when customer asked for it

User Info Menu

Lower manpower!
    Lower productivity - sales can not replace by machine yo dear Singaporean!
    Lower budget to hire staff - you pay peanut you get monkey!

Sweelee is a big Singapore company, if their top management don't want to face the fact that "good services" mean "more $$" and too generate more "productivity". Business 101.

For beginner guitar buyer, do some online research first before set out to view the real gear. Also bring a long a good friend, who knows guitar, play a guitar and know your cut off budget is.

Poor sells = Poor Productivity = Bad Sales = No $$

User Info Menu

what? swee lee established since 1969 ok? they hold distribution rights to
    fender, gibson, roland, nord and many more

sure upmarket lo

User Info Menu

I'm a little late to this thread, but one thing sticks out in my mind as I read the posts and comments from the rest: surely SL is not the only shop where you might have purchased a nylon-strung guitar?

That small point is crucial because I've walked into many other guitar shops locally and have received decent, if not good service. The best places in my personal experience are Maestro, SV, City Music and Woodworkz.

User Info Menu

i was there yesterday.

should be same malay guy, no knowledge on guitar, & malay cashier ger, play hp non stop.
    than another 2 chinese guy, 1 using computer, another just looking around. service really bad. i will not buy from there if i know of any other shop that sell this guitar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12