Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Band Home Recording

User Info Menu

1. you may wanna do the drumtracks @ beats merchants first, then sync your guitars/bass/vocals to it at home. the last i heard beats upgraded to a presonus firepod + cubase.

2. which means your advantage, you can ask for the raw cubase file/session/tracks. then continue at home. then again even if they use different software, as long as the .wav files are fixed timing, any DAW will do fine.

3. studios may not entertain your request in this case well. as mixing engineers are usually the recording engineer themselves, and they're familiar with their own style of recording. if you record yourself badly and bring it to a kickass studio, it's demoralising for the mixing engineer and you'll find it's more worth recording at the studio whose engineer will be confident of mixing their own recording. recently I had to mix this band, the drums balance weren't that good, the kick was very weak, had to EQ and tweak big time to get it out.

20cents worth
    [Check out the stuff I put up for sale starting from Free/$1 !]
    [BluePrintStudios.Org] Freelance Services : [A]udio / [V]ideo / [P]hoto / [C]omputer

User Info Menu

adobe audition........

to 'clean' your sound edit each one in adode audition first. it has a good filter for removing room noise too so your only getting the instument sound and not layers of hiss.

if you need any more help email me at lukeis2k20@yahoo.co.uk

i have been a studio sound enginere for over 15 years in uk japan and now here in not so sunny singapore.

but i have to say, my best advice, save up and go into a studio! its faster, better result and far far less stress.

if you record at a jamming studio your result will suck! drums are the back bone of your track, dont waste your time at beat merch!!! you will not get a good final result.

User Info Menu

gotta say I disagree with what otpp said , maybe it's my recording methods. haha.
    [BluePrintStudios.Org] Freelance Services : [A]udio / [V]ideo / [P]hoto / [C]omputer

User Info Menu

Drums

To the band thats keen to record drums, please do check this out,

www.soundadvice.com.sg

Its got drum samples which I think you might want to listen to.
    2 drumkits as well, Ufips, Sabian, Audix, Neve etc,
    Orange Rockerverb Amp for Guitars,
    Trace Elliot, Tech 21 for Bass,

Cheers,

User Info Menu

options are endless with the booming recording studio scene !

http://www.bandpitstop.blogspot.com/

just updated with few more studios..

happy new year 2008 to all

User Info Menu

Lion Studios? Speakeasy?

if you dont know about lion look it up. if you go to www.speakeasy-digital.com you will see what an $85 per hour studio looks like. compair it to yous jam studio and tell me then how much differance you will get in the result.

User Info Menu

hi, can i know where i can get that samson usb mic? thanks

User Info Menu

Just Dont!

usb mics suck! the result will not be close to what you want or expect. my advice is spend your money on a 'real mic' and your end result will be alot better.

User Info Menu

oh.. sorry, noob question, so i can get a normal mic, then plug it into a audio interface then plug it into computer?
    btw, any cheap recommendations and where can i get these stuff? thanks

User Info Menu

wayne1991 : get line6 toneport ux2.i'm guessing you're just doing bedroom level recording. that should work well enough.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast