Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Singapore Youth Flying Club - Anyone TRIED? and GOT IN?

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I so happened to stumble upon this thread so I would like to ask a few questions.
    So basically, I just applied for the SYFC and the interview is in 3 weeks time. So, i was wondering how do I prepare for the interview? Like what do I have to research on, what do i have to know, what will they ask etc.
    Also, anybody who went for the interview and medical can share their experience?
    And finally, I am currently 16 in an IP programme in JC, and I currently have another CCA, apart from this, and its 2 times a week, and lessons on average end at 3-4 pm. But i am willing to commit my entire sunday and saturday mornings, as well as maybe someday in the weekday if lessons end earlier/have no other cca. So like will this work out, and will i be able to cope?

User Info Menu

Re: Singapore Youth Flying Club - Anyone TRIED? and GOT IN?

Hi, I took N'levels and went to ITE HIGHER NITEC course and now im going to poly. am i still able to apply for SYFC? im 19 this yr

User Info Menu

I like to fly too !

User Info Menu

I'm planning to go syfc to fly full time in my year 3 syfc programme. Would really like to ask anyone that has tried or graduated if as long as i work hard i will be able to get my PPL ? Or is it based on skills too. If based on skills, what kind of skills do i need?

User Info Menu

Lakshman you got in?! Nic here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airforce762 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, was from SYFC as well, served for 6yrs there from one department to another, feel free to ask any qns about SYFC and its relevance, I'll be glad to reply. Btw, any PPL grads here? (regardless if you graduated 20yrs ago or whatever.) PPL grads pls PM me, I need some help from you guys. Thanks alot!
    Hello! I would like to know if SYFC is stringent on height requirements. I am 160cm and still growing and would like to try applying for SYFC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G_yvette View Post
    Hello! I would like to know if SYFC is stringent on height requirements. I am 160cm and still growing and would like to try applying for SYFC.
    Yes, they are stringent on height requirements. The requirement of 162cm is just the minimum criteria because during the medical assessment, candidates will be further assessed based on their arm length, leg length, seat breadth etc. There are candidates who failed because either their limbs are too long/short.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789