Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guitar to computer to tab

User Info Menu

guitar to computer to tab

Is there any program that detect and tab down every note you´re playing?
    Everything is everything...

User Info Menu

A Question

A LOT of software can do this.
    Most sequencer software can do this nowadays. Together with music notation type software like Finale, Sibelius too.
    Might not give you 100% correct notation, but it works! :wink:
    QF

User Info Menu

A Question

Thanks for recommend man :P
    so do this progs can tab down your guitar playing which is connected to your pc? cos i´m using guitar port.
    Everything is everything...

User Info Menu

A Question

I think you need a some way to convert your guitar audio signal into midi cause these software usually listen to midi only.

or the other way is to get a midi guitar.

User Info Menu

A Question

There are a number of softwares that convert monophonic audio sounds into midi like Midifier (http://www.knzaudio.com/index.php). You can do a search on "converting audio to midi". If you´re referring to converting audio into guitar tabs, I´m not sure if there is something like that. You may need a guitar-midi processor to convert your audio into midi (or get a midi guitar), then use Finale Guitar software which can automatically convert your played midi notes into tabs.

User Info Menu

A Question

I doubt there´s any software out there that can tab a guitarist´s playing "just like that". I don´t believe the "state of the art" is so advanced currently!

Even chords played on a MIDI keyboard can´t be displayed correctly many a-times!
    I guess in most cases you´d have to tab your playing by clicking and dragging on the notation software.

QF

User Info Menu

A Question

Here´s another program that can convert sounds into midi - including voice, monophonic instruments etc.

http://www.digital-ear.com/digital-ear/info.htm

User Info Menu

I think your guitar intonation and your fretting muyst be damn accurate lah... if not get the roland guitar synth thingy as an interface.
    I guess there might be a outlet for midi data, but i'm not sure, you can sure go check it out. it really sounds really cool

User Info Menu

if ur using powertab u can import the midi file...and it will "auto tab" for u..
    but u need to specify ur guitar tuning thats all...

the trick is to convert those wav or mp3 sample to midi...

User Info Menu

Re: guitar to computer to tab

I am also looking for such a program

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast