Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Very Very Bad Experience at Guitar Workshop Bras Basah

User Info Menu

Re: Very Very Bad Experience at Guitar Workshop Bras Basah

Bro, I feel for you. Unless you are left with no option, otherwise you should source around other luthiers. The workmanship is not that good as they claimed. Francis is hardly there. Most of the work are done by newbie/ apprentice with minimum guitar repair experience. I have my bad experience with Guitar Workshop many years back when they were located at Ming Arcade. Very lousy repair work on guitar bridge which eventually gave way after attempts by them to fix up the problem. Anyway I know the money you spent and hassle that every owner went through. Please keep broad mind to source around and open to suggestion by different luthiers. some may do the job which others feel impossible. Charges are always nego and varies on types of repairs by luthiers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hendry_1977 View Post
    Bro, I feel for you. Unless you are left with no option, otherwise you should source around other luthiers. The workmanship is not that good as they claimed. Francis is hardly there. Most of the work are done by newbie/ apprentice with minimum guitar repair experience. I have my bad experience with Guitar Workshop many years back when they were located at Ming Arcade. Very lousy repair work on guitar bridge which eventually gave way after attempts by them to fix up the problem. Anyway I know the money you spent and hassle that every owner went through. Please keep broad mind to source around and open to suggestion by different luthiers. some may do the job which others feel impossible. Charges are always nego and varies on types of repairs by luthiers.
    Yes correct Ming Arcade is that building across Hard Rock Café am I right? That's where Guitar Workshop used to be.

User Info Menu

Wow.. interesting, this is completely the opposite of my experience in Guitarworkshop in Bras Basah! Yesterday was my 1st time to go there and saw some TOKAI LPs that looks gorgeous... bought it after I negotiated a price with the Filipino guy there and even Francis. They were all very nice and accomodating!

Went back home, my Small child dropped my guitar on th floor! To my horror!! ☺������ good thing it still has the gig bag so no major damage but my 1st string broke and i noticed some fret buzzes... im unsure if it was already like this or what... went back the next day, turned out that it needs some fret leveling (just few)and some truss rod adjustments... the Filipino guy let me play it 1st and it was a dream!! Better than 1st time i tried it!! The guy did it on the spot!!

Extremely satisfied with the outcome of the job!!! Im not affiliated with them ok... ☺����
    Gear> CAE WAH + Visual Sound J&H + Fulltone Fulldrive + EHX Small Clone + Subdecay Echobox + good fingers = ROCK!! - Psalms 33:3
    Visit our Church cell group

User Info Menu

it should have been checked and set up properly before it even left the shop in the first place.

User Info Menu

I had an even worse experience.
    Check this post:
    https://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showth...51#post1478651

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234