Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound proofing a room

User Info Menu

Sound proofing a room

does anyone have any idea on how much it would cost to sound proof a room?

or is there any other alternatives?

thanks.

User Info Menu

I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good. - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (1886-1969)

User Info Menu

if u wan cheap sound proofing.....

here it is:

1) use thick carpeting... and i realli mean "THICK" (5cm if possible), alternativly u can thicken the floor with concrete

2) buy draps hang ard yr room... again thick draps

this is the cheapest way out... although it is not the best... but this is the cheapest i can think off.... :wink:

seriously i think this shld be enough to sound proof quite a fair bit of the drums... maybe or most likely the rumbling freq will still be pass thru yr walls.... well if u wan a total sound proof it is a different story....

but well after all... it all boils down to y u wan to sound proof and what u gonna do in the room.... if u wan to record stuff.... u need treatment.... so decide before u do anything that is destructive....
    In life it is not about how hard you hit..... it is about how hard you get hit

User Info Menu

i did mine for only 80 dollars (if i remb correctly). did it like almost 6yrs ago.
    however i lost the contact for the foam.
    Everything DIY. Buy abt 5 cm think foam, the person will recommend u the density of the foam according to what are your soundproofing needs. It is not those egg try ones, but just a flat piece of foam. Buy heavy duty Glue, and stick up on the walls, doors and windows. To beautify the place, before sticking them up, use a nice color cloth to wrap around the foam. Also i got a carpenter to do a platform for me. Below the platform is one carpet, on the platform is another carpet. It has served me well thus far, no complains, and the foam help cut alot of the highs of the cymbals, so the overall sound is very comfortable.

User Info Menu

lemuelp311 way will work too... to improve even more soundproofing of the cymbals.... draps could be added.... :wink:
    In life it is not about how hard you hit..... it is about how hard you get hit

User Info Menu

hey bro lemuelp311..
    do you have pics of ur soundproofed room? :P

User Info Menu

sorry mate..
    i dont have any. Not in sg already. It pretty simple actually.

User Info Menu

sorry mate..

User Info Menu

sorry mate..

User Info Menu

sorry mate..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast