Thread: Sabian Xs20?

User Info Menu

Sabian Xs20?

Hey guys. I'm looking into buying cymbals because i absolutely HATE the way by cymbals sound. Trojan set. 14" 16" 22". They sound so horrible it's a turnoff to even practise. Which is bad.

So i was looking and researching for quite some time, and i found some cymbals that i like. The Sabian Xs20s Brilliant Super Set. Problem is, i went almost all over Singapore trying to find at least the crash for me to test and hear for my very self, but to no avail. So i thought i'd ask here - what do you guys think of the Xs20s? AND. Do you think i should buy them off eBay? The seller is a store, condition - new.
    ps. my budget is $700.

User Info Menu

Hi there,

The Xs20s are really a brilliant (Pun intended) choice. They are great sounding and they don't come with such a heavy price tag compared with the K's or AAXs. Just FYI, Swee Lee does stock xs20 cymbals the last time I checked, which is about a month ago.
    The price they quoted me for the 20" brilliant ride at that time was $300. Thus, I think it would be possible to fit in 3 sets of cymbals within your $700 dollar budget.

Regarding buying the cymbals off ebay, I definitely do not encourge it (unless you have a fetish for overseas goods). The downsides off purchasing online are as such: You don't get it straightaway (duh), you (usually) have to pay more, and you can't guarantee the quality of the product until it arrives. Personally, I got my Xs20 brilliant ride off ebay (before I knew that Swee Lee sold them). I had to wait for 2 weeks before the cymbal arrived, and I ended up paying 30 dollars more when compared to Swee Lee's price. So I would definitely encourage you to buy locally.

Hope this helped!

P.S. Btw I really recommend the Sabian Brilliant XS20 (SO1-XS2014) ride. A very nice sound (comparable to the 22" K ride, which costs like $600) and it has a very brilliant sounding ping when hit at the bell.

User Info Menu

Get the xs20. Its a good choice.
    Affordable yet the sound doesnt suck too bad.
    Wait for the POSSIBLE year end swee lee sale to get the set !!!

User Info Menu

i'm using XS20 cymbals at the moment, and they sound pretty good. i doubt mine is the brilliant finish though. but overall, they sound really great, especially for home practice. i'm using it in a auditorium now, and no complains so far, from both drummers and non musicians alike.

User Info Menu

i heard good stuff about the XS20 cymbals.. wont go wrong with them.. u can expand ur choices too if u look at other brands such as Turkish and Bosphorus. they are very reasonably priced too for hand hammered cymbals..

User Info Menu

Check out Istanbul Mehmets as well.