Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drum Gears. Where To Start?

User Info Menu

Hmmmmm. I guess less than a hundred bucks each for the snare and cymbals. Hope im not being a cheapo.
    Thanks For Those Memories.....

User Info Menu

Less than hundred for each ah? Snare hard to find man like that. Unless those stock snares...
    Less than $100 cymbals... hmm.. hmm... may wanna increase that budget to $150 and below... Save abit more(:

User Info Menu

You can start off with the basics - get drum sticks first.

Just kidding bro. Anyways, congrats on picking up drums - I've always been envious of people who can drum, because I can't. My right hand (hi-hat) and my right foot (bass pedal) seem to play with each other; I can't make 'em independent..
    Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either unsolvable or isn't a problem.

User Info Menu

Less than a hundred for a snare or cymbal is extremely hard, unless u dun mind going for those budget kits stock snares. Stock snares esp those low end ones can sound decent if u know how to tune it.

User Info Menu

Stock snares sounds good!

User Info Menu

or check out the Classified!, seen decent deals there for cymbals and snares. Put a good head on it, tune it well and it should be good enough.

User Info Menu

stock snares can definitely sound good. if you can get a snare for about $80, just find a $20 skin that goes along well with it. second hand skins can still be quite good especially if they haven't been used much yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drummer 51 View Post
    stock snares can definitely sound good. if you can get a snare for about $80, just find a $20 skin that goes along well with it. second hand skins can still be quite good especially if they haven't been used much yet.
    Definitely! My previous school Mapex QR snares and Tony Zee's normal steel snares sound fantastic.

User Info Menu

thanks guys for the tips! i'll go ahead and look for stock snares.

User Info Menu

hey, if you've gotten your snare and you're looking for skins, i might have some that i can sell to your for cheaply. just PM me if you are interested, and i'll check if they can be sold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12