Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRO TOOLS - Everything and Anything about Pro Tools

User Info Menu

PRO TOOLS - Everything and Anything about Pro Tools

Hi all Softies, I'm starting a thread regarding Pro Tools and everything related.

I'm not certain of the population of Pro Tools users in Singapore, but I assume most people are using Pro Tools LE, as do I.

Please feel free to post any issues, questions, How-to's that you may want to share etc. I'm not exactly very experienced, but I'll try my best to answer them.

Cheerios!
    -AlvBobo

User Info Menu

Oh, forgot to mention, I'm currently using a 003 Rack+ Factory, and a MBOX. I traded up my 002 Rack for the 003. Anyone who wants to know how to upgrade their system through Avid can ask me too.

User Info Menu

oooh

oooh, exciting to hear about Pro Tools 9

shall drop by to see the seminar tomorrow at Lasalle

User Info Menu

I wonder how Pro Tools 9 will revolutionize itself if it discards the hardware. Maybe its popularity will increase, haha.

** Anyways, anybody knows how to use the EQ settings within PT for drums?

User Info Menu

hardware is to prevent piracy of the software

more piracy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongman View Post
    hardware is to prevent piracy of the software

more piracy
    Actually, you've got a point. Piracy may plague ProTools' already strong customer base. But people may buy the real thing after they try & see how good it is. A little too optimistic I guess. Haha..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlvBobo View Post
    I wonder how Pro Tools 9 will revolutionize itself if it discards the hardware. Maybe its popularity will increase, haha.

** Anyways, anybody knows how to use the EQ settings within PT for drums?
    Put EQ plug-in into effect section of the track?

User Info Menu

Lol.. no I meant what settings to tune the EQ to for each individual drum...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlvBobo View Post
    Lol.. no I meant what settings to tune the EQ to for each individual drum...
    Ok.
    I don't do live recording for drum.

Still I separate sampler drum into kick track, toms track,snare track, cymbals track... Of cos, balance when first. Then sum them into bus, and put compressor in. Oops no eq....sorry. Anyway, kick drum, I tend to compress them than EQ. Toms sometime notch on highest peak frequency or high cut. Cymbals high cut. But there is not rule to follow. You should EQ according to the mood of the music, so you must try different filter and how it affect the sound.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice.

But that's the problem I'm facing. I'm not certain of the compressor/EQ settings for the individual drum tracks, and each time I change something, the whole set sounds choppy/muddy/peaky. Is there like a website that teaches recorded drum track treatments for Pro Tools?

Cheerios!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast