Thread: need a distortion pedal recommendation

User Info Menu

need a distortion pedal recommendation

greetings!

i'm having trouble finding the right distortion pedal. i've used a mxr distortion+ and a boss od-2 and they don't seem to be right for me. i currently have an ehx big muff pi as a fuzz.

can anyone recommend me a distortion pedal with heavy and dirty sounds with a bit of crunch in it? btw, i play music from nirvana, foo fighters, weezer, sometimes a bit a punk rock(the offspring, green day, blink 182) and occassionally 70s and 80s (to entertain my dad). i prefer something with true bypass.

thanks

User Info Menu

And your budget?

User Info Menu

Hey there!

I would recommend you this Beta Aivin HM-200 Heavy Metal and here's the link:

http://standardvalue.com.sg/store/in...d&productId=44

I've been using this distortion pedal for sometimes and I still love it. Optionally, you may want to try this Biyang Metal End King if you're into heavy rock metal stuffs.

http://standardvalue.com.sg/store/in...&productId=355

Best to go to the shop itself and get the feel how it sound.

Enjoy!

Tetragrammaton
    Only in God I trust!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yacob_acs View Post
    can anyone recommend me a distortion pedal with heavy and dirty sounds with a bit of crunch in it? btw, i play music from nirvana, foo fighters, weezer, sometimes a bit a punk rock(the offspring, green day, blink 182) and occassionally 70s and 80s (to entertain my dad). i prefer something with true bypass.
    Erm... other than the TB bit, your MXR should do this quite well, no?
    Lionel
    www.soundclick.com/demioblue
    "Whether I'm a good guitarist or not depends on who's listening"

User Info Menu

M.I. Audio Crunchbox? If u have a high budget, go get yourself a Made In Singapore seventheaven! I'm saving for it now! gonna be replacing my MT-2 with this schweet pedal!!

User Info Menu

i just didn't like the fact that the mxr distortion+ is a fuzz/overdrive, not a distortion at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_Kumar View Post
    And your budget?
    my budget is around $120 and below.