Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cymbal Guide- develop the right mentality(updated)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mel80
    Quote Originally Posted by churnz
    [4] "Should i sell my current cymbals to get money to buy the next set?"

No.you should never sell your cymbals just to get money to buy the next one unless you truly hate what you are hearing.
    Some thoughts about this...

While this is true, but there are many factors why someone would sell his/her cymbals. Some people need to sell off stuff to fund new purchases. The ways of funding purchases differ for different individuals. By saying "you should never sell" is too strong a statement.

Something less definite would be better.

Just my 2 cents
    this is why i said "never sell your cymbals" unless you really hate why you are hearing,many people nowadays need funds to purchase new cymbals,that i understand,however,selling your current cymbals is not the best method of doing so.like i have mentioned earlier,cymbals are works of art,besides,selling your current set is just going to result in a loss because you will be forced to sell it at a lower price than when you bought it.do not be desperate about getting anything,be patient,let yourself be the one controlling your drums,not the other way round.

but then again,for those who probably are really desperate to get funds foryour new cymbals,the choice is up to you,i am just suggesting that you think twice before doing so.the reason why i said "never sell your cymbals unless you really hate what you are hearing" is to enforce my statement about how important it is to treasure your cymbals.

i hope i did not "force" anyone to comit on something that they are not uncomfortable with

User Info Menu

haha man why did our friendly neighbourhood forum become an argument.. haha. lol.. chill out guys. lets all agree.. CYMBALS ROCK! (whether its ours, once ours, going to be or never) haha..

pardon me i'm feeling crappy..

User Info Menu

There's no argument whatsoever. Just friendly suggestions

And churnz, that's great. All is well
    Alternate Profession: Events/Gigs/Weddings
    http://www.facebook.com/alternateprofession

User Info Menu

yea,kanzer, its not an argument man,i juz clarifying certain points in my post which i think that others might have misunderstood.

and mel,thx for pointing out that part,i've changed the terms used in the guide already

User Info Menu

haha.. woops sorry.. my bad i misunderstand.. paiseh..

User Info Menu

bump,
    lets keep this topic alittle more active so that more ppl can read and also share more info regarding the topic

User Info Menu

can't seem to find this cymbal around but the name is

cobalt river anyone heard of them or their website?? i found some of these from ebay.

edit: they are always quoted to be "warm" and "explosive" with very shiny gloss finish. Anyone with info do spill them in

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcdadrummer
    can't seem to find this cymbal around but the name is

cobalt river anyone heard of them or their website?? i found some of these from ebay.

edit: they are always quoted to be "warm" and "explosive" with very shiny gloss finish. Anyone with info do spill them in
    hmmm....very interesting,from what im guessing....it's most probably bought from a arbitrary cymbal producing factory and printed with the brand "cobalt river",but thats juz what im thinking.
    if they had sound files or their cymbals(which they claim to be as good as the sabian professional series or you get a refund),that would be the best

User Info Menu

just simply click on ebay and search "cobalt river"... they have snares, cymbals, amplifiers and still their origin is inevitably, unknown.. weird... their cymbals retails cheap but shipment is a bummer!!

User Info Menu

The general concensus on the US forums I've been to pretty much say it's a waste of $20.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast