Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha guitars are made where?

User Info Menu

Yamaha guitars are made where?

Where are Yamaha guitars made in? Japan or USA?

User Info Menu

yoz... haha they are made everywhere... Japan, USA, Korea, Indonesia and Taiwan...

User Info Menu

Yamaha guitars mostly made in taiwan these days, indonesia for the lower end cheaper ones, kinda hard to find japan made ones now, if u do, grab it! hahah yamaha bass guitars you still can get loads of MIJ ones and also taiwan made ones. never seen a US or korean made yamaha tho

User Info Menu

Yeah for your information... Yamaha now has China plants liao... everything is moving to China... in 5 years time the whole world's production line will be in China! Even Yamaha's piano are made in China now. Most of the yamaha stuff available in Singapore are from Indonesia and China(piano) /Taiwan (Guitar) . If you wanna Japan stuff then expect to pay more cos their Japan factory only produce the highest of the high end products just like Sony where only their top models are made in Japan.

User Info Menu

yeh.. Music Plaza do have a couple of Japanese kade electric guitars now... they have just started making electric guitars in Korea, Music Plaza has quite a number of pieces there now. USA wise... they have 1 piece now... the most ex Pacifica there ... it's made by Warmoth for Yamaha...

User Info Menu

Hi RedBeanz
    I think the most ex pacifica u refering to is the PAC904, with warmoth neck. Don't think its entirely USA made, rather, only the warmoth neck is.

Anyway, ya i'm starting to notice yamaha guitars actually have Korean made ones. Those i noticed are the pacificas ending with the V (eg. 412V, 612V). Probably a new manufacturing plant.

User Info Menu

yeah i got a really old one 912J, abt 14 yrs old now...made in taiwan back then oredi...heh.

User Info Menu

is a yamaha guitar worth getting? Cos people told me it aint good.

User Info Menu

... depending on the price range..low-mid priced guitars of very good value..expensive ones are ok

User Info Menu

I would say the eletrics are still not bad... but for acoustics and classical there are better brands available. Recently, I had tried some guitars, acoustic and classical, from a new shop in Peninsula... paiseh forgot the name... but i dun remember their shop got any eletrics... i must say they have quite decent guitars.. you should check it out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast