Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vox AC4TV

User Info Menu

I've been reading all the replies to the review that I wrote here and I will back up Ized's 2nd last comment. The AC4TV should never be compared with the Night Train. Both these amps are in completely different worlds of their own and its unfair to compare them both side by side. It would be fair, however, to compare the AC4TV against the Epiphone Valve Junior, Blackheart Little Giant and Fender Champion 600 as these are single ended Class A amps.

I hope I clear this up before anyone reading the comments above my post here gets the wrong idea.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by keithC View Post
    actually im looking at this amp because im playing through a valbee now, and i wanna experiment playing through a stereo set up already. howeverr...

i tried the night train too. urghh!!! one of the most affordable and greatest tones i've heard (since i never ever test- tried amps i cant afford)
    one thing's for sure- the AC4 is in the same class as your Valbee and it sounds much better... much better bass manifestation and response from its 10" celestion driver 8) And it takes the 7th well too

Yea faizal, Its like comparing apples and oranges....if you wanna compare, compare something similar....a 10W amp is obviously not going to sound anything like a 100W tube stack, just for the sake of illustration.
    Nil Sine Labore
    Guitarist for Hidden Tracks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ized View Post
    one thing's for sure- the AC4 is in the same class as your Valbee and it sounds much better... much better bass manifestation and response from its 10" celestion driver 8) And it takes the 7th well too
    Ah that's true.. Doesn't sound as thin as the valbee.. Can't say much against the Valve Jr.. I like the fatness of the cleans.. The AC is more chimey and of course, it has gain at bedroom levels! The AC is definitely better than the Blackhearts, but side by side with the Valve Jr, that depends entirely on what you want and what you need!

User Info Menu

Well, assuming both amps are stock with zero mods- the AC4 definitely beats the VJ in the "takes pedals well category"- no fight. The VJ also sounds more boxy and compressed?

Which was a total shocker for me as i've never had a good experience with Vox amps taking pedals. From my experience, they sound best with being pushed with a mild gain pedal to further supplement the amp's drive for that sweet breakup. Nice one trick pony for that. The new AC4 and Night Train was an entirely different story (refer to review).

That was what made the deal for me.
    Last edited by Ized; 21-03-09 at 06:37 AM.
    Nil Sine Labore

User Info Menu

I'd say the VJ takes pedals VERY well as well.. Can't compare that between the two amps.. I think they both take pedals excellently.. ;-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed64 View Post
    Can't compare that between the two amps..
    Why not? It's my opinion dude.....the AC4 floats my boat for pedals better than either the Blackheart or VJ, which i had both owned previously.
    Nil Sine Labore

User Info Menu

Speaking of the Vox Nighttrain can any1 review it?
    Composer for Film,TV & Games
    Website
    Discography

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by superpotato_30 View Post
    Speaking of the Vox Nighttrain can any1 review it?
    sorry to digress from the threads main purpose/topic.

the night train sounds awesomely sweet. I tested it with a bogner212 and it sounded great IMO.love the overdrive and awesome with the cleans.sadly,they it won;t be in stock till quite sometime.i wish i didn;t have to wait for it to arrive.

i can't really give a indepth review on it but for the 10 mins i had testing it.it sounded brilliant.

User Info Menu

anyone has the price of the night train?

User Info Menu

darn im tempted to fund for one :-D
    Composer for Film,TV & Games
    Website
    Discography

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast