WTS: Walden D570 Solid Western Red Cedar Top (Exceptional sounding piece)

alkaline

Hi guys,

Selling a mint condition Walden D570 with tight grained Solid Western Red Cedar Top and beautiful mahogany back and sides. This guitar is a totally different beauty from the other Waldens you will find being sold locally. Just alone without any upgrades she projected the loudest and played the smoothest compared to the other pieces in the shop. The grain of the Solid Western Red Cedar was easily of the highest quality, tight and uniform.

To further enhance her tone, this guitar was sent to Jarvis for multiple upgrades. The saddle was upgraded to Fossilized Mammoth Ivory (FMI) by Jarvis for a more aged tone and sustain, clarity and volume were increased. The bridge pins were upgraded to dyed bone pins with abalone inlays for a beautiful ornate look (complementing the abalone Walden inlay on the dark Rosewood headstock) but more importantly, for further increase in clarity and sustain. The bridge pinholes were slotted at 45 degrees for optimal break angle, increasing the sustain. A chrome strap pin was installed. Martin phosphor bronze strings were strung to bring out her natural woody tone. A setup was done to lower the action so now she plays like butter. Finally, she was tonerited for a more aged, vintage tone. The result is a guitar with sweetness from the solid cedar top, warmth from the mahogany, and all the punch, clarity, sustain and volume you can get, with enormous playability. She truly sounds and plays like a guitar way, way above her price point.

As you can probably tell by now, this guitar is much loved by me. Unfortunately, I have to sell as I need the cash quite urgently.

A normal Walden D570 (which I am sure will in no way compare to the one that I have) retails for $299. Together with the multiple upgrades that were made, this guitar cost me in the region of $600. Due to my need for cash, however, I am willing to let go at a fraction of the cost at $480. I hope that the new owner will take care of her and appreciate her as much as I have. I will include a Walden padded soft case for gigs.

As words can only describe so much, please feel free to contact me for pictures of my Walden to fully appreciate her as I cannot post pictures here. Should you desire a sound clip, let me know as well. I can be contacted at 81880944.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Back