WTS: Lovepedal Eternity Black, Fulltone Catalyst

CyanideJunkie

Putting these pedals up for sale to fund another purchase. All prices are FIRM.

1. Lovepedal Eternity Black

Not much more can be said about this classic piece of art. The exact identity of the IC chip powering this beast remains a mystery to this day, but it's socketed so you can choose to swap chips to experiment with different sounds. This pedal covers clean boost, treble boost and overdrive territories with ridiculous ease. Their proprietary "Glass" knob works only to increase treble content, leaving your bass and mids intact. Cleans up like a nice tube amp and sounds absolutely amazing when turned up. All in all, it's a VERY organic-sounding pedal. Some of you may know that Sean at Lovepedal is currently no longer producing Eternities, so these babies in all its incarnations are getting snapped up! This piece in particular is part of the line where Sean brought the Roadhouse Eternity circuit into PCB production, allowing him to produce more consistent designs and utilise the ultra-quiet relay switching with heavy-duty Carling switches. This switching system is also more commonly used in Jack Deville effects. Honestly, I've yet to come across an amp that rejects this pedal. Selling for $200, with box. Condition 9/10.

2. Fulltone Catalyst

The predecessor of the Fat Boost; Another Swiss-army-knife dirt box. This baby can be a clean boost, overdrive, distortion, fuzz or anything else in between. Using discrete FET-based circuitry, it is exceptionally warm, tube-like and responds very well to picking dynamics and volume knob roll-off. For the gear-heads interested, this pedal's base design was heavily inspired by Jack Orman's FET Booster. This puts it roughly in the same camp as Zvex's Super Hard On, Analogman's Bad Bob Booster, Catalinbread's Chili Picoso, Earthquaker Devices Black Eye Boost, etc as far as boosting is concerned. On "Spark" mode, the Catalyst runs the gamut from clean boost to light distortion. The "Flame" mode picks up right where the "Spark" mode left off, driving it into hard-edged distortion and fuzz tones. The sample settings are pretty good at copping classic Led Zeppelin and Hendrix sounds and I even have to admit that it's Vox setting was quite convincing. Can be run at 18V for additional clarity and headroom. Takes to single coils slightly better than humbuckers to my ear. Another great feature of this pedal is that it's wah-friendly(no problems running my buffered Plutoneium Wah before it). Selling for $160, with box. Condition 9.5/10.

Interested parties may contact me at 9070 9160. Not entertaining trades of any kind unless it's for a Keeley Time Machine Boost or something similar. Meet-ups will be held at MRT stations anywhere between the east and town. Cheers and thanks for reading!

Back