Vocalist, Percussionist, Harmonica wanted for Blues/Jazz trio - others welcome too

django000

hi to all Singapore musicians. i am looking to put together a trio of guitar(me), harmonica/vocals and hopefully a percussionist. i used to play in this kind of trio before in Australia and China and gigged regularly.

• I am originally from Ireland . I tend to play mostly blues, jazz and a little folk/world. (when i say blues i don't mean that repetitive Chicago shuffle sound), i mean Delta, Piedmont, Country, Gospel, Soul, Texas blues
  • I am interested in exploring more in the area of Willie Dixon, Little Walter, Delta, BB King, and country blues, jj cale, jimmy vaughan. I play mostly acoustic, slide and a little lead. I also use bass and stomp foot pedals and a looper, as i tend to be the rhythm section. But would like to beef up the rhythm sections with a percussionist. i have played with a cajon player before and that was great. I am not looking for some one with a full kit, but more like some of who plays congas, bongos, cajon, maracas, cabasa, claves, hi hat, cowbell etc.
  • Regarding a singer, i don't mind if you are male or female, you just need SOUL. I mean Etta James, Bessie Smith, Memphis Minnie, Aretha Franklin, or Joe Cocker, Willie Dixon, T-bone walker, BB King. If you also play an instrument that would be great but not necessary.
If you are neither a percussionist, harp player nor a singer but are interested, reach out anyway particularly if you play a brass instrument like trombone, trumpet, etc. Jazz flutists need not apply.... :D

Here's some examples of what i have played in the past.

Feel free to get in touch is you want to jam. Long term my aim is to play live and gig.

Daragh

daragh@travellingriverside.com

Hi , This is Genille . I sing blues and Jazz. We can whazapps for futher discussion . My no. is +65 8630-3951. Looking forward to chatting/jamming with you. :)

Back