Talents wanted

skystudios

hi all talents out there,

Since 2004 , Skybluz productions has transformed into SkyStudios today.

i started as a composer & author (with published works) many years back in 1999, became a qualified Sound Engineer from SAE in 2003 and started arranging songs in 2004. This is my 20th year in the industry. I am now running three wings for talents to flourish under my care.

A) Band - jamming
B) Studio Recording - demo and finalmix
C) Live Gigs - pubs, etc

Depending on what you are good at in MUSIC, you may try to write in to

skystudios101@gmail.com

with as much details and portfolio about yourself to increase your chance of being talent scouted.

as a COMPASS (Composer & Authors' Society of Singapore) member, i maintain high impartiality in selecting the best person for the position, taking into account the competency, personality and attitude for the applied position.

we do not operate like a Music School, so there is a cloud of mystery over how we get things done. But I give you my word that over the years, many people in the industry knows me either by name or nick. Some may love me, some may hate me but that's the way i work. Some say my Voice sound 99% like Jay Chou, but i leave it to the wise to discern. ;)

sometimes in the process of talent scouting, we will throw in undisclosed variables to see how you behave. Through uncertainty testing, some have passed with flying colours, and some probably should just head to a Music School where everything is laid out clearly and there is no doubt.

I thank all the people I met and will meet in my scouting, for you have taught me important lessons and made me a better Scout.
I hope those whom I kived or reject don't take it personally because it might just be a personality mismatch for the position we are looking for. Not everyone can be friends, but is good not to end up with hard feelings.

For talents whom we reject, you may try again 18 months later and we will treat you as a new applicant. We believe people change over time, but not immediately. =)

Meanwhile, I hope to see more talents write to us actively.

Hint: we like proactive, and adventurous type.

kind regards,

^ ^
Sky
Producer
SkyStudios

07mar18H

Last edited:
one softie emailed me asking how exactly is my Voice close to that of Jay Chou 周杰伦 ?

do listen to my 搁浅 Ge Qian (Sky~2013Cover)

https://www.reverbnation.com/skystudios

some might ask, then do i look like Jay?

The answer: the model you see in TV & concert is from Taiwan.

I am the Voice.

One thing, Jay Chou's first album is 2000. I stepped into the music industry in 1999.

^ ^
Sky

Last edited:
one softie emailed me asking how exactly is my Voice close to that of Jay Chou 周杰伦 ?

do listen to my 搁浅 Ge Qian (Sky~2013Cover)

https://www.reverbnation.com/skystudios

some might ask, then do i look like Jay?

The answer: the model you see in TV & concert is from Taiwan.

I am the Voice.

One thing, Jay Chou's first album is 2000. I stepped into the music industry in 1999.

^ ^
Sky

isn't that just the recording of the original song?

Exactly

^ ^
Sky

p/s: i leave it to the wise to discern. you don't have to believe if you prefer that Taiwanese model, his face, and you think that is his voice.

Last edited:
if you are wondering why i am "surfacing after 19 years" as Jay Voice,

is because, recently, a vocalist claimed she cannot trust me.

after much thought, i decide to show my credentials, what i did over the years, but not properly credited by the record company.
if the record company thinks that i am a fake, "please come and sue me", like what PM Lee always say to his opponents.

i will take on the record company in court.

Voice DNA

^ ^
Sky

Last edited:
if you are wondering why i am "surfacing after 19 years" as Jay Voice,

is because, recently, a vocalist claimed she cannot trust me.

after much thought, i decide to show my credentials, what i did over the years, but not properly credited by the record company.
if the record company thinks that i am a fake, "please come and sue me", like what PM Lee always say to his opponents.

i will take on the record company in court.

^ ^
Sky

Are you also the same sky who sang the 黑色幽默 there? because if you are, then you are not Jay Voice. And also i can't hear the resemblance or consistency with the talking in front and the singing later...

As at this juncture, I am with the vocalist who claimed she cannot trust you...

you don't have to believe if you don't. don't force yourself.

the DJs in UFM1003 knows and that is good enough.

you can choose to worship that Taiwan Jay if you love him so much.

^ ^
Sky

Singapore Jay

p/s: there are techniques in singing, and sometimes i don't have to sing the same way. as i said, only the wise can discern, average ears only rely on their eyes to oogle at that Taiwan Jay...lol
also, singing and talking are slightly different in the frequency used. that's why i say some ears are average.

Let me just make it simple for you: just for you "I am Not Jay Chou"

to the rest, "I am the Voice of Jay" 2000-2019

Last edited:
you don't have to believe if you don't. don't force yourself.

the DJs in UFM1003 knows and that is good enough.

you can choose to worship that Taiwan Jay if you love him so much.

^ ^
Sky

Singapore Jay

p/s: there are techniques in singing, and sometimes i don't have to sing the same way. as i said, only the wise can discern, average ears only rely on their eyes to oogle at that Taiwan Jay...lol
also, singing and talking are slightly different in the frequency used. that's why i say some ears are average.

Let me just make it simple for you: just for you "I am Not Jay Chou"

to the rest, "I am the Voice of Jay" 2000-2019

Well, sorry, but I have literally followed Jay Chou from his first albums till now, and had my fair share of catching his concerts. I have pretty good ears by most standards and years of playing music myself.

So if you want to continue to be delusional and claim that the 黑色幽默 and 擱淺 are both sang by the same person a.k.a. you, then i'm actually interested to see this being taken up to court, though it will just be too much of a hassle for me to see it to fruition...

Well, enjoy the night, thanks for keeping me entertained.

well, you can sue me... i shall see you in STATE COURTS...lol

have a good night, if you are the brother of that female vocalist...

and... to you again... i am NOT Jay Chou...

^ ^
Sky

p/s: i know the magics of the entertainment industry because i am part of it. you rely on your ego ears and thus you are fooled easily...i dont blame you. many are fooled. and there will be more who might take your sides... i will smile

hint: i did not say i sing ALL Jay Chou songs from album 1-14. some are sung by that Taiwanese Model (of course he can sing also), and there is a rap artist who take on the raps. I just do the covers for the many slow and mid-tempos that I am confident in. usually i skip the rap songs.

Last edited:
well, you can sue me... i shall see you in STATE COURTS...lol

have a good night, if you are the brother of that female vocalist...

and... to you again... i am NOT Jay Chou...

^ ^
Sky

Nah I dunno which female vocalist you are talking about, I do have a sister though but I am sure she has nothing to do with this fiasco.

As mentioned, it will be too much of a hassle to sue you or what not, I'd rather be standing here and get myself entertained :)

yo brother, thanks for watching...

i actually don't like to go Court... too time wasting though i am confident i will walk out a winner.

do support my delusional Jay Chou covers in offical youtube videos.... many of them.... i spent so many delusional hours in recording studio and drank so much beer...

hi Talents,

we received an email from a Willa asking what kind of talents we are looking for and what they are required to do after being scouted...

hmm... we would like to say to Willa, you probably read, but did not properly digest our initial post.

We have three wings:

SKYSTUDIOS
1) band - for training
2) recording studio - demo (training) - finalmix (we groom online artistes, eg Wan Er, Alexa)
3) pub gigs or events - for those already quite pro but seeking avenues to perform. we are currently recruiting for weekday nights... paid gigs ;)

We used to have a music publishing wing but today, people prefer to sign directly with BIG LABELS from Taiwan or China, so we decided to KIV this wing till further notice.

We hope we have answered your questions.

Should any of you feel our recruitment is a little "bias", I can understand from your perspective, but please understand from ours too. The entertainment world is like an ocean, you will not survive the Sharks if you are timid like the dory fish.

Nemo, wru?

We pick the best. And personality & attitude matters, on top of competency.

kind regards,

^ ^
SkyStudios

12mar19T

p/s: dont come to us if you dont trust us. there are many music schools in SG. some are run by gay brothers or sisters. very transparent

Last edited:
Back