Singapore Idol

What does a Media Corp Radio Department GM know about music except how to file paperwork? Wrong ppl for the job. And a has-been Olivero Rocker. Who cares about Hype record anyway. The producers are stupider than i thought to choose such people.

Yeah, looking at the panel doesn't seemed to make wtaching SI an exciting option. They are not known for their quick wits or comments. In fact, except for Dick, Florence and Ken are so low profile that no one really knows them much. As for Douglas O, I feel he's a disappointing choice as he 's a pub rocker, not exactly a seasoned recording star. There are different standards when singing in pubs and doing studio recordings.

I can already see a very safe approach when all the judges will try to be very diplomatic and tactful so as not to hurt and make the contestant lose too much face.

I suppose the real entertainment now relies very much on the goofy and off-key singers. By the time we get to the good singers, it's another Talentime without the prizes.

8)

i agree strongly on that...these days music has evolved so much that you adjust so much to appeal to the crowd rather than to do wad you r best at...tt's why we do not haf full blown talents known islandwide

It's really funny when looking at the responses to who the judges are to basically have posts like ... let utt be a judge ... or kumar....tanya or some well known artist. These are artistes, not producers. They don't try to shape the public music taste. I for one am interested in seeing how these supposed shapers of the local mainstream music rate the talent, if only to know the people behind why i don't like singapore radio programming.

Back