Recommend me a condenser USB microphone (and a good place to buy them?)

haunted101

Hello~ :) I'm new here but,

I'm looking for a USB Condenser microphone to do my vocal recordings at home.

I don't have a professional studio set up. All I have now is my CAD u37 , a desktop mic stand , pop filter + ASIO audio driver installed. I'm quite a newbie so I might get confused with all these technical stuff..

What I do is just record covers and posting them on youtube. But I plan on going pro some day. Still young and studying haha.

But still, I've been stuck with the CAD u37 for 3 years and I feel like I need to upgrade my mic somehow.. My budget is $100-$200 . I heard great things about the audio technica AT2020. But I don't know where I can get it at its cheapest.. My friend got it for $80 at one of the shops in sim lim square a long long time ago. She don't remember exactly the unit number and shop name so yah..

I'm looking for a mic that obviously , better than the CAD u37 and can atleast make it sound "studio" - liked , clear and a mic that doesn't peak alot. Cause I tend to reach high notes really loudly and the CAD u37 gives me lots and LOTS of problems when I "shout" those high notes. It peaks too much even when I turned the input volume all the way down. But with the ASIO driver its better I guess (?) Still not satisfied haha. I want more studio-quality power.

So any recommendations from all of you experienced ones? I'm on windows so yah.. Must be USB. Do tell me where to get the mic you are recommending too. No point if you tell me the name and Idk where to buy LOL.

Thank you~

AT2020 is quite warm and the quality is not bad either for a usb condenser microphone. If you are looking for a cheap one then Samson C01U is a cheaper solution you can look forward too. For AT2020, Hung bros and another shop at 3rd floor has a much expensive deal around S$230 - S$240 but if you go to Chun Sheng Trading Enterprise at Sim lim square, it offer more and likely cheaper than the shops above. Hope this recent price checks helps you!

Back