Playing DTXMania Music Drum Arcade Software (free) with Medeli DD512 E-Drum

SingHifi

Running DTXMania with Medeli DD512.
===========================
DTXMania is a music drum playing (there are free song can download also) Arcade style. I tested Medeli DD512 and it works with DTXMania via USB. So the DD512 can also be use as a real drum with a music playing program Similar to RockBand or Guitar Hero. So if you have E-Drum (I think any drum will work) you no need to pay for the arcade game anymore.

Below is to procedure to benefit softies.
Running DTXMania and an electric drums Medeli DD512.
Laptop Use: WIN7 64bit
===============================
Steps:
1) Connect Medeli Via USB to Laptop. WIN7 will automatically recognize Medeli DD512 as a USB composite device and install the driver.
2) Download DTXMania at gdmanina.net and install it. Download at least one song as DTXMania does not include any song.
3) Download midi-Ox Software at midiox.com and install it.
4) Download midi yoke software at midiox.com. For WIN7 go to control panel. On the right Hand side, type UAC (user account control). Slide the User Account Control all the way down to minimum to disable UAC.
Then install midi yoke. After install reboot the pc.
5) Open midi-ox. Click on option -> Device Devices. Select midi input as e-drum (which is the DD512).
Select midi output and select Yoke: 1
6) Now open DTXMania, and play the Music Drum Game. I simply load the first song in, by double click on the song and select the player as DTXMania (that is associate the extension with DTXMania). So once it loaded it, DTXMania will add this song to the song list.
7) Looks like now it is drumming with fun arcade style.

Thanks for sharing SingHifi. Keep going. I have been reading your posts regarding process from exploration to purchase of a starter's e-drum set. Who knows, I might start drumming too :)

Next on my list to make works with Medeli E-Drum is Guitar Hero World Tour,I really like the song list in there. Checkout SimLimSq no one carries it (PC version) so got to order from Amazon. Heard Guitar Hero game series has discontinued so got to get it quick.

Last edited:
I did have a pic taken but nothing fantastic look just the same as the mfg website. The only thing is that as floor is not carpet, i put two piece of carpet floor mat for the BaseDrum Kick Pedal and the Hi-Hat Control Panel as it has spike (that was meant for secure onto THICK carpet), to prevent them from scratching the floor.
I push them against the wall or the drum kit frame as the rumkit was against the wall as well. Been having fun these few days praticising base on the Hal Leonard basic drumming book. Now skill not enough to play against DTXMania, KO in 5sec.
Could not buy the Guitar Hero World Tour at Amazon they would not ship to Singapore, so I need to hunt elsewhere.

Hi. Understand that these are old post..... anyway, I've created a blog with some useful resources [Dtxmania] which I think might be of interest to those e-drum user specially beginners/novice - drumplay101.blogspot.com

Feel free to click on....& have fun!

Best wishes.

Back